Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom Broadband connections

Options
  • 26-01-2007 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I have a netopia router from eircom for broadband, which worked fine with cat5 from the router into the nic, i have setup wireless and now i have lost my lan connection and for the life of me i cant restore it .... my question, can i have two connections from the router, wireless and lan ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

yes you can, from the computer with the ethernet cable going in, from windows:

start>run> type "cmd" then at the command prompt type "ipconfig /renew" and see if you are connected

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

stebishop wrote:
    yes you can, from the computer with the ethernet cable going in, from windows:

start>run> type "cmd" then at the command prompt type "ipconfig /renew" and see if you are connected

Yeah, release, dns flush and renew and no joy .... 'Windows IP configuration' is all i get with ipconfig /all ..... even if i didn't have an ip address it should be 0.0.0.0 ... dhcp seems to be fine, i have toggled it on/off .... still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Check if Svhost.exe is blocked by your firewall.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Check if Svhost.exe is blocked by your firewall.

Ignore me, i was having a blond moment. The driver for the NIC was corrupt. ffs

Advertisement