Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is this?

• 26-01-2007 2:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I guess you could say I need advice about something. I'm not sure if this is a good place to ask or not.
    Basically what's going on is that I'm friends with this girl I just met this school year. At first she was really sweet, and nice, and just an all around good friend.
    She was dating one of our friends for a little while, then he was telling me that after a few weeks she just started to seem like she hated him. He said she was always asking for money, she never really talked to him, rolled her eyes at everything he said, and just treated him as more of an annoyance than anything else. She was only nice to him when she wanted money or a ride somewhere.
    She cut off almost all contact from our "group" or whatever you would call it. Never called us, was always out with these random people than none of us knew, cheated on her boyfriend several times, and harshly broke up with him one day out of nowhere.
    Now she's acting like this to all of us. She never speaks to us outside of school, and never calls us back when we want her to go somewhere with us, or else she's already gone.
    Currently she's constantly missing school, always suspended or in trouble, getting in fights, and she doesn't seem like a nice girl anymore, just a liar, a manipulator, and a mean person. She's dating multiple people and flirting with others, and only speaks to people she can get something from (money, rides, entertainment...ect.)
    As I said, she's constantly getting suspended, which she doesn't mind. In her exact words she said "Hell, it's just another reason to not be here." but when she's subjected to a detention or a saturday (she's been given about 6 Saturdays and more detentions than I can count) she's always able to come up with a lie to why she couldn't be there and avoid any punishment at all. Even detentions, she's served only one.
    She's mean to people, always starting fights because "she feels like it" or "she's bored and needs something to do" and she never feels bad about it or anything.
    She never blames herself for things that are her fault. She's stuck up, conceited, vain... extremly full of herself...

What I would like to know is, is there anything to could be clinically wrong with her? Like a personality disorder or a mental illness.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Hmm how old is she?

I use to know a girl(years ago) she was lovely I saw her today total change shes gained alot of weight, smokes, most likely does drugs(cause of her friends whom I use to hang out with) wears awful clothes 10 rings and all fingers the lot.. Overall is just not the same which I find a shame!

I dont know why people like being like that really? :(

I dont think its an illness just they need to get out of what there doing there going down a slope if you get me?

Best advice I can give you and your friends.. stay away from her!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

This might be moved also to the personal issues forum, you might get better help there!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Moved to PI - feel free to start a thread in psychology on the same subject but without actually refering to a specific person...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

omgWTF wrote:
    What I would like to know is, is there anything to could be clinically wrong with her? Like a personality disorder or a mental illness.
    Sure, but we on boards are not qualified. Could be drugs, or abuse, or whatever... too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Smack the crack pipe out of her mouth tbh.

Just drop contact with her. She is not your problem anymore, she treats you all like crap and you shouldnt have ot put up with it. Leave the tramp to her own demise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm going to take a guess and say you're pretty young, so it could just be puberty hitting her hard. Lots of people start to go a little crazy when they're 13/14/15.

Otherwise, there could be something going on at home that you don't know about. This could be causing her to lash out.

She could be on drugs.

She could have a mental disorder, like schizoprenia.

She could just be a troublemaker. God knows I went to school with enough of them.

She's not your problem, so don't waste your time worrying about her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

Faith wrote:
    She could have a mental disorder, like schizoprenia.

Doesn't really sound like that to me - too manipulative... symtoms sound as if its closer to what is referred to as an "industrial sociopath"

This may be of interest -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociopathic_personality_disorder

In any event it sounds asif the OP is best off without her as a "friend"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

It could be something at home making her act like this otherwise she just hates the world. But truely some1 just cant be like this unless something dratisically is wrong with them. Has she ever taking drugs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Why do you actually care? She's not your problem so just let her do whatever she wants and ignore her. It'll all come back on her in the future anyway, and it'll be her problem to deal with, not yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

omgWTF wrote:

Woah, woaw. Jeebus. Re-read your original post and think to yourself "why on earth do I give a flying fúck about someone I have just painted an atrocious picture of".

Now answer me- why the fúck are you wasting your time worrying about someone who time and time proves themselves to be a waster?

She WILL wake up in 20 odd years time and figure out what a shallow leech of a person she is and wonder what happened to her life. At this point (if you are still around or hear on the grapevine) you can point at her and laugh.

Some people in this life are just tossers. Leave them to it.

K-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

This may sound harsh OP, but she is being so mean to you that you should just break off contact with her. She doesn't sound like much of a friend tbh. If she is asking for money all the time then she could possibly be doing drugs.

Advertisement