Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Bantam in action.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

best sig ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

jaggeh wrote:
    best sig ever!

Strongly agree. I've always thought of drones as bees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

What's a rouge bantam? Is it a type of Bantam, or is it a certain alliance or is it just the colour? :)

That video confused me greatly... I take it the whole point was the Bantam just didn't know what was goin on yeah? I only saw one ship fighting and what was all that flamey stuff in the middle of it? I take it there was another ship obscured by the asteroid or something? Ah I dunno... all I'm now aware of is just how scarey mining can be.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

lol the point of the video was that the bantam (a typical very cheap mining ship) is mining away in a belt when a Pilgrim (a very expensive, high skilled force recon ship used for tactical covert operations*) comes in, wtfmines an astroid, then legs it. The flamey stuff was nos, used to drain an enemy ship's capacitor charge and I dunno why he was using it on the roid, but it added to the funny I think.

*See: uncloacking besides noobs in belts and laughing as they wtfrunaway.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but... I mean, the bantam didn't run away at the end, he just stayed there mining. I didn't take it as a "wtf ?!?!?" , it was more of a "wtf? Ah, back to my mining then" :)

Nos eh? Cool. Someone said that to me last night, I thought it was a cool way of referring to nano tech. :o

The jaws music is great for cloaked ships.

dun dun dun dun dun dun duna, dun dun dun dun dun duna

Cloaked ships... that's a new one eh? How does one go about detecting cloaked ships? I've recently realised that my smack talking ways rely on me being able to run away like a pro... but I need to know where I'm running away from, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Cloaked ships... that's a new one eh? How does one go about detecting cloaked ships? I've recently realised that my smack talking ways rely on me being able to run away like a pro... but I need to know where I'm running away from, like.

If the cloaked ship comes within 2km of anything (not cloaked) it will be uncloaked, other than that you can't scan them out....yet :D

Is that a " I : being a newbie" can't scan them out yet, or the Eve community as a whole can't scan them out?

• Advertisement

They can't be scanned at all. The only way to expose a cloaked ship is to get within 2km of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Or a smart bomb

tba wrote:
    Or a smart bomb

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It is possible to probe out cloaked ships if the person flying the cloak is a noob.

What if it's a noob... but with super stealthy SPs? He might not be able to do anything other then cloak, but damn, he's a good lil cloaker! "lil cloaksie" they call him.

Hobbes wrote:
    It is possible to probe out cloaked ships if the person flying the cloak is a noob.

Lets assume they don't turn the cloak off.

Can they still be found?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Zillah wrote:
    Lets assume they don't turn the cloak off.

Can they still be found?

Yes if they are not recon ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

probes cant find cloaked ships AT ALL.......yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

Bantams pwn, they pwn hard, force recons ftl, bantams is where teh action is ........... OMFG >_< BANTAM IN YZ-LQL CALL BATMAN !!!!

Ah no! You're not serious! I'm going to go blow it up... my stealth bantam was going to be called batman. He stole my bit before it was my bit. I will end him!

• Advertisement
Advertisement