Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Graphics

Options
  • 26-01-2007 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a new laptop in a couple of weeks. I've lost touch with the advances in graphics cards since the last batch of nvidia chips came out. So can someone tell me if the NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7600 notebook graphics processing unit with Total Available Graphics Memory of 399 MB and dedicated Video Memory of 128 MB is any good?

I'm upgrading cos my current lappy won't run battle field 2142....and work is paying for most of it ;)

Laptop in question is the new Sony Vaio VGN FE41Z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

THESE are gaming laptops ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, the Go7600 is fine. It'll run BF2142 on mid-high settings without too much difficulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

HavoK wrote:
    Yeah, the Go7600 is fine. It'll run BF2142 on mid-high settings without too much difficulty.
    Thanks for the replies. When you say it's fine, is there better available for a similar price. Like, what should I be looking for in the graphics card? I've got €1450 ex vat to spend and the Sony seems the best value.

I don't think those Sager laptops are available in Europe. It's giving prices in dollars.

Would this be a better buy http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Asus_G1_Gaming_Laptop_G1-AK005C/version-1.asp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was just about to say, you might try and go for a slightly better 7700....although that laptop is 2k. You should be able to find the go7700 for cheaper then that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

This laptop from rock is great value:
    http://www.rockdirect.com/viewNotebook.php?pName=PEGASUS%20665&T=SPECIAL

I myself have a sony vgn-fe11m That is a year old now. But will happily play bf2142. It has 1gb ram t2300cpu and a 7300. But being a sony comes full of bloatware. Which is a annoyance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Like the look of the Sony Vaio VGN FE41Z myself. Nice machine. Mind you for not much more you could get a Dell M1710 which would play almost everything at full res. I have one here and it simply powers though everything. Only problem is the quality of the screens is very patchy and for that reason I'd go Sony. Its looks more like a work machine too. :D

Advertisement