Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XP fonts problem.

• 26-01-2007 10:56am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey.
    Fixing a laptop for a mate of mine. The PC runs on XP, and when it came to me all I could see in place of all system fonts were random symbols, under icons, in the taskbar, menubar, startmenu, all gibberish and symbols rather than text.
    First thing I checked was the fonts folder and lo and behold it was empty.

Since then I have gotten a copy of the core system fonts from another XP machine and copied this over. This solved the problem and all text was now in english rather than symbols and gibberish.
    However, every time I restart the laptop, the same thing happens again and all fonts are again removed from the fonts folder.
    Suggestions?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

set the folder to read-only?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Its defaulted to always be Read-only, and i havent changed this setting, its always been set to read-only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Did you just copy the fonts to the fonts folder or did you use the install method control panel?
    Not sure if it's relevant but might be worth a shot..

Advertisement