Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with LCD

Options
  • 26-01-2007 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

Strange problem ... (hopefully the right forum)

No doubt I'll be giving the benq crowd a buzz later .. but I'd prefer to rule out me being a complete idiot first ...

I've a 6800GTO graphics card and connected to it I've a BENQ FP767-12 and a Samsung SyncMaster 710v

Both are VGA input monitors connected to little DVI - VGA convertors ... as the 6800 only outputs DVI

Last night I replaced the BENQ by another BENQ ... (under warranty)
    And it was all working ok ... (few hours last night ... hour this morning)

Then the benq started to not display anything...
    The light was on but nobody was home so to speak ...

So I've gone through the cables rigmarole ... .. changed cables to see if its that ... changed which was connected to which port ... and so on ... the benq still would die after a few minutes .. / seconds depending ... Turning the monitor off and back on again fixed the problem temporarily ...

I've now changed the BENQ to be the secondary display ... and its working fine so far ... (I prefer the BENQ display as my primary)

so my question is ... have I gone crazy ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

What resolutions and refresh rates are both moniters set to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

both at 1280x1024 ...

I downloaded the latest nvidia drivers from their site .. was using the dell ones ...

I rebooted the machine ... and switched it back so the benq is my primary again ... no problems ... yet ...

I just find it strange it worked as secondary but kept going blank under primary ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Is the new BenQ also a FP767-12 ?

Try installing the .inf driver for the display you have, you can find them all at BenQ's site select your model then click on the driver tab to find the zip file with the .inf & .icm.

Yep its a FP767-12 ... the last one I had for 2.5 years .. god bless 3 year warranties

Downloading those files was actually something I did before the nvidia drivers ...

The screen just went blank a minute or two ago again ... now its happening more often ... the screen appears to go very bright just before going blank ... turning the screen off and on again it'll work ... this is mighty annoying ...

Update: ... It looks to be the thing is overheating ... checking the brightness level on the LCD ... it was at 100% .. (burn in test or something ?) ...

I had radiator on ... and room was quite hot ... thing started to turn off ...

Opened window ... its working ok again ...

Its my theory at any rate ... :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement