Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sound problems on Samsung LE40R71B

• 26-01-2007 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

I bought a Samsung LE40R71B last week and on certain channels I am having some problems with the sound. The problem seems to be mainly when watching news/current affairs type programs on RTE/BBC, when certain people are speaking there is some static in the voice, almost like a bass too high or the distorted sound you have when the volume is up too high. When I am watching a programme like an sit-com or a US drama there is no problem with the sound. I have tried adjusting the settings on the graphic equalizer but doesn’t seem to make any difference, also I have no idea what I am doing.

I don’t have any additional speakers to what is on the TV and I have sky digital.

Any help on how to adjust the sound is much appreciated. Also if anyone can tell from my poor explanation above if there is a problem with my TV or has anyone else had this problem with the same/similar TV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Sid71

The Problem is your sky box! Go into services/system setup/sound settings and lower the volume

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I used to do support for samsung tv's actually. Sounds like sky to me, particularly if it's only certain channels.

Try on terrestrial aerial if available, or even with a dvd using same cable / scart socket if you want to be picky.

If that's ok then it's just passing on the crap it's getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

Thanks a million Sid71 and MarkR - that seems to have fixed it, sound on sky settings was at highest setting.

Advertisement