Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

odds for f1 championship...

• 26-01-2007 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

Some good prices to be had here.. heikki in particular is probably worth a couple of quid at that price, renault aren't going to lose the plot just because alonso has left. Nearly every bookie is putting Kimi as favourite, but Massa generally has decent odds and again is probably a good outside bet.

Anyone any other thoughts on the upcoming season?

Kimi Raikkonen 13/10
    Fernando Alonso 15/8
    Felipe Massa 9/2
    Jenson Button 12/1
    Heikki Kouvalainen 14/1
    Giancarlo Fisichella 16/1
    Lewis Hamilton 16/1
    Rubens Barrichello 25/1
    Jarno Trulli 40/1
    Nick Heidfeld 40/1
    Ralf Schumacher 40/1
    Nico Rosberg 50/1
    Robert Kubica 50/1
    Mark Webber 66/1
    Alexander Wurz 80/1
    David Coulthard 80/1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

personally I'd chance a tenner on Hekki and Hamilton and maybe Massa. I think it's fair to assume Hekki Will have the beating of Fizzy when he figures out the racecraft issue. He's been driving a renault for a year already so shouldn't have any familiarity issues. Can't believe Button has shorter odds than both renault pilots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Dead Ed wrote:
    Can't believe Button has shorter odds than both renault pilots!

Aye the new honda isn't that good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

What about Davidson...... where's he's odds?????;)
    didnt he get the fastest time at testing last week:rolleyes:
    If the car was that fast, shouldnt he stand a chance....
    Running on fumes with an old V10 I think.
    God I hate him.
    When Button fluked that win, him commentating...

"Oh my God... I m so brilliant.... I cant believe it... I chose the tyres that Jens is driving, leading the race... I played such an important part.. blah blah blah I chose the goddamn tyres....."

i have never wished for a driver to crash and injure himself before.... but If davideson doesnt Injurer himself by the time we get to Europe, I'm gonna be pretty damn pissed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Yeah, damn carrot headed ginger ****! Remember sato kicked his ass in british f3 a (good) few years back. Re: the commentary, the brits really cocked up of late. If it weren't for martin brundle I'd be watching it with the sound off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I might put some money down on Kovalainen. Those odds for the Renault drivers are crazy.

• Advertisement

Thinking of putting 100 on Fisi.... it just might happen.......... If he's ever gonna do it, it will be this year
    Maybe another 100 on Webber or Coulthard with those odds.... Newey/Renault????
    Could Happen.......(slightly possible 66/1 80/1..... very financially rewarding) and im going to win the lotto this wednesday too!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

I have put 80 euro of fisi at 20/1 . I think, over the season he will beat Kovalainen, as I am certain Kovalainen will make some major rookie mistakes.

I also put 20 euro on Kovalainen at 14/1.

Got these odds at www.paddypower.ie

Not saying that I think any of these are most likely to win. I think Alonso is, but at these odds, it madness not to have a flutter. If Renault can give Fisi a car thats .3 of a second faster than Alonso, or is the Mclaren never finishes a race, then :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Massa is the value here at 9/2 I feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

I dont think so as those odds. There is Massa, Kimi, Alonso, who all have almost equal chances in my eyes. Then there is both Reanult drivers and Hamilton.

Odds of 20/1 and 14/1 are too much to resist. At least worth a 10er each

that 20 on Kovalainen might have been better invested in the Lotto tonight!!!!

Nothing against him, Know nothing about him... but 8million....... Its mine....and then Im gonna buy myself a drive in Formula Eire if its still there.....and buy a drive for a few others on here too..... have some fun every weekend....expensive karting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

formula Eire? Is that what was known as formula Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

€25 on Fisi for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

formula Eire? Is that what was known as formula Ireland?

I think he meant Formula Junior Eire (the old name for JICA karting)... maybe? :confused:

Back on-topic: i'd fancy a tenner on Hamilton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭RaiseTheBlinds

i think the fact that renault will be using bridgestones this year has a huge influence on the pricing this year. renault are 6/1 @ boylesports to win the constructors championship !! thats a better bet for me, but its probably fair to say that it should be alonso or kimi to win this year.

outside bets for the start of the season would be for spyker to finish in the points come the first gp of the season. good 2007 spec ferrari engines and gearboxes, with a mike gascoine influenced chassis. could be a surprise package , expect 16/1 each for either driver to finish in the points.

toyota should be really strong too, driver line-up letting them down, but package should be 3rd or 4th best of the teams.

the best i can find is 7/4 for kimi(vcbet.ie),..and 9/4 for alonso(various)

i wont put anymoney down untill betfair open the market,.... some great prices @ betfair in comparison to the bookies.
    just check out their snooker prices against any bookmaker,........ huge huge difference in prices with the ability to lay off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭sbEdge

I can't see Hamilton being up to much this season, the British press are talking him up big time, but they did that with Button too and he didn't come to much. Alonso should do it if the McLaren is up to it. I can't wait to see the battle between Massa and Raikkonen at Ferrari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

massa's done him over in the testing so far this year,.........
    but the williams are the surprise package at the early start of the year.

expect the bmw sauber to flourish as the season progresses.

anybody have an opinion on the renaults,...... 6/1 for the constructors is a lot.
    and also will there be a number 1 driver at ferrari or mc laren ?

Advertisement