Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 Golf Sports 1.4 ~ Lights fading in out out

Options
  • 26-01-2007 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Am having issues with my 05 Golf when I turn on the lights. The lights fade in and out constantly, inside and outside the car. It's not noticeable until you stare at the lights for 5 or more seconds. Also, the interior lights fading in and out are more prevalent when any door is open.
    Has anyone heard of or seen something like this before?
    b

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Do the lights get brighter when you rev the engine hard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 05Golf

I have not tried reving the engine. I simply leave the car running idol and this is what happens. I'll see what happens when I rev the engine.

thanks
    b

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Sounds like the voltage regulator within the alternator (sp?). Had this issue sometime ago. Was told it was earthing, etc, but once the alternator was replaced the problem went away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mechanic1

05 golf should still be under warranty as VW get a 2 year warranty. i have seen golfs giving alternator problems

Advertisement