Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SVChost and volume errors

• 26-01-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Hi

These appeared when I started up my computer, the desktop had appeared and startup programs were loading etc.

Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, faulting module msi.dll, version 3.1.4000.2435, fault address 0x00012780.

Application popup: svchost.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x745f2780" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Any ideas what this means? Audio and sound have konked off as well...when I click on the volume shortcut on the taskbar it just says "There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and other Hardware and then click Add Hardware. This program will now close"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Download the Windows Installer;
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c&DisplayLang=en

And see if that sorts it. It looks like msi.dll is corrupt, which would be a library used by the Windows Installer service.

For the sound issue, go to Start -> Run.. -> Type "services.msc" -> OK

Scroll down to "Windows Audio" and ensure that the service is running and set to start Automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Great Googley Moogley

From what I can see... by a few solutions, it's fixed by turning autoupdate off, but if you need that, it looks more like a conflict between something you've installed and svchost....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Ok when I go to install the file it recommends I back-up my system, I know what that means, don't know how to do it though, or should I just go ahead and install the program and not bother with the back-up?

Edit: Yeah the problem started when I left the pc install update when sutting down and it said "pc will turn off automatically" came home 3 hours later and it was still on with the error message up.

Will I just turn off automatic updates in My Computer properties and see if that fixes it, and just update myself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

fobster wrote:
    Will I just turn off automatic updates in My Computer properties and see if that fixes it, and just update myself?

Turn them off and see if that fixes it.
    If it does, do an update manually and then turn them back on and see if that works.

Also go through your services like seamus suggested, it sounds like there's some kind of conflict there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Yeah turned the automatic updates off, everything's grand now. I'll just leave them off and manually update every once in awhile.

• Advertisement
Advertisement