Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO - use number from 2005?

Options
  • 26-01-2007 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I did the LC in 2005, then did a year in DIT, now I'm in a fetac course.

What details do I need to apply to the CAO? I have no idea how it works. I've got my LC exam number from '05 and the CAO number that I used back then also.

This is how I understand it:
    I apply to the CAO online to any courses I want with just with general info like Name etc. and my 2005 LC exam number, and then they send me back a new CAO number + confirmation of my application which I use later if I want to change my mind about the courses I've chosen. This basically makes my original CAO number from 2005 useless.

Is that right or am I confused?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

All you need is your exam number and the year you sat the LC. When you apply to the CAO you'll get a new CAO application number. Previous applications don't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

Thanks a mil

Advertisement