Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lee Evans....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I've really tried to like Lee Evans. I've watched his shows on Paramount Comedy 1. I've listened to praise from fans. I've tried watching more shows, but all to no avail.

I can't warm to his 'humour' at all. Meh, different strokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

He is hilarious, saw him at the Olympia in 2005 and haven't laughed as much in a long time but as "beans" said it's different strokes and all that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

beans wrote:
    I've really tried to like Lee Evans. I've watched his shows on Paramount Comedy 1. I've listened to praise from fans. I've tried watching more shows, but all to no avail.

I can't warm to his 'humour' at all. Meh, different strokes.
    i don't find him funny at all. it seems to be nothing but "look at me i'm gangly and i can make silly faces".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

One of the very few of the 'top' comedians who's stand up I find completely unfunny. Find him a bit of a one trick pony jumping around the place with that weird accent. I want to give him a spliff, tell him to calm down and tell a joke once in a while. And he's always on Paramount Comedy these days.
    He's much better as a comic actor in fairness to the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i think he is good, he always on paramount good to veg out too, although he hit and miss he a complete rip off he might say omage to whathisname jerry lee lewis, remember the drums thing he last year complete rip from jerry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Didnt like him at first but watched him on paramount a few times and he's a legend. I think some of the actions he does are excellent I could watch him for hours. I think you've to be in the mood for his gags though, and needs to be watched.

:)

i think he is good, he always on paramount good to veg out too, although he hit and miss he a complete rip off he might say omage to whathisname jerry lee lewis, remember the drums thing he last year complete rip from jerry
    we prefer if people speak english on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

^ hilarious. Note to sarcasm. Is his post understandable? Yes. I've seen a lot worse. Get over yourself... You don't happen to like capital letters, eh? Nobody's perfect.
    Back OT. I don't really like Lee Evans... Never really found him to be funny. He acted like a moron on Johnny Woss a while back... Talk about ruining a good show...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Richie & Eddie ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Lee Evans is the complete opposite of funny. Can't stand to watch Paramount at the moment with his ad on all the time.

• Advertisement

dango wrote:
    ^ hilarious. Note to sarcasm. Is his post understandable? Yes. I've seen a lot worse. Get over yourself... You don't happen to like capital letters, eh? Nobody's perfect.
    Back OT. I don't really like Lee Evans... Never really found him to be funny. He acted like a moron on Johnny Woss a while back... Talk about ruining a good show...
    i eventually worked out what i think he means. i'm still not sure. and you can hardly compare leaving out capital letters to making up words and leaving out full stops, thereby making it very difficult to find where sentences end.

and how bout you get over yourself and stop telling people to get over themselves. this is an expression reserved exclusively for 15 year old girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Ladies, I can't believe handbags are being swung so early in the evening.
    Did we start on sherry a little early today?
    Do try to maintain some sense of decorum.

Anyway back on topic...

Lee Evans always makes me think of Norman Wisdom on speed. Never thought he was funny either.

Hagar wrote:
    Ladies, I can't believe handbags are being swung so early in the evening.
    Did we start on sherry a little early today?
    Do try to maintain some sense of decorum.
    but she pulled my hair the skank

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Hagar wrote:
    Lee Evans always makes me think of Norman Wisdom on speed. Never thought he was funny either.
    and sweating buckets on Paramount repeats

Even watched Funny Bones and nope still didn't get beyond mildly amusing in spots.

Advertisement