Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Historically Challenged

• 26-01-2007 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

So basically I've been ignoring History these past few months in the hope that it will go away, but alas, it hasn't. Mock is in just over a week and I really have no idea where to start. My teacher is basically clueless, and I am not even sure of the format of the papers. So what I'm after really is key topics, specifics, I should concentrate on, I'm not looking for an A here just a decent pass, I will obviously have to leave some things out because 1 week won't cover two years worth of stuff. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I'd pretty much say yer well bollixed. The Case Study's only gonna be one of two more than likely, GAA and Lockout. In fact, just get yer hands on a copy of last years papers, and don't study that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

Dont worry, im in pretty much the same boat. i just despise history. but basically, id say to def leave out the 1886 elections, doubtful it'l come up. now i dont know wat books ur doin, just going to guess ur doin the same as mine, theyr the most common. learn the eastern question, nd in the second irish book, learn fianna fail and cumann na ngaedhael, prety much guaranteed to come up, my teacher says they cant possibly leave them out. i appreciate ur a bit stuck for time, so the best thing wud be to focus on one perspective, id say the cultural and religion, thers the least in it, and make sure u know the case studies in each book, karl benz and the motor car too maybe? hope this helps. good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I am in the same boat as yourself, and I have bit the bullet and dropped to Pass.
    My point being it would be easier to get an A1 or A2 in pass than struggle with honours, quite frankly the difference is MASSIVE.

The long 6 page essays are replaced by "comprehension" questions in every question alongside a short 10 line paragraph, and best of all, the C parts are always on case studies from the book which are now more or less one page long.
    Sure its less points, but do you want to risk not getting into college over history?
    Its the lazy mans choice but at this stage in the year I simply say...meh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Thanks for the tips guys, I'm actually considering dropping to pass aswell, I'll see how the mock goes.

Advertisement