Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange parade today?

Options
  • 26-01-2007 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what it was all about... might have been to do with Aussie day but i did not see anything Aussie about it :D

Loads of people walking, running carrying a float of some kind and some had weapons... (no real).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I didn't see it, so I don't know, but I do know that there are a lot of Australians here, so it is one possibility, though from what you say it is doubtful. Where did you see it and when? Where did it seem to be headed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

It looked like it started in Baggot street and then went up by Fitzwilliam square headding towards Leeson street. It may have been an Australia day thing as it was not organised. No one blocked the roads etc.. so it was unofficial. Oh and it was about lunch time.. some time after 12 but before 1

Just curious about what it was all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

The Australian Embassy is in Wilton House, which is near Leeson Street Bridge. If you are coming into town, before heading over Leeson Street Bridge, to the right on the city side of the canal you can see a large brown building, with a very distinctive square block on the roof of it. So they could have been heading there for some sort of reception to celebrate the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I guess its mystery solved then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

If it was an Australia day thing then they kept it quiet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

UCD Engineering Day perhaps? Were there people being carried around on stretchers and lots of people in red t-shirts?

Advertisement