Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird Boards Stalker Experience

• 26-01-2007 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

A few months back I got attacked by a dog and posted about it here on boards.

My mother was having trouble with her computer in work today so the IT guy came to sort it out. He noticed a photo of her kids (ie me and my brothers) was on her desk and after looking at it pointed to me and asked if I had been attacked by a dog. He then told her he recognised me from boards!

Kinda funny how people remember these things!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Pythia wrote:
    He noticed a photo of her kids (ie me and my brothers) was on her desk and after looking at it pointed to me and asked if I had been attacked by a dog.
    Maybe it was just a really bad photo of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Someone remembers your photo and you call them a stalker! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Stalker might be a bit harsh, that is unless he actually pulled a photo of you out of his wallet like :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I met someone at at party that recognised me from boards Know your nerds.
    I was just flattered, not stalkered.

Op, I just saw you in KYN, "Most Lickable' Poster of the year", indeed *flirty smiley*

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

There are worse people to remember seeing a picture of than Pythia tbh.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

If he went around to your Mother's workplace when her computer was broken and he wasn't a technician, then he would be a stalker.

Recognizing your photo just makes him a... recognizor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

biko wrote:
    I met someone at at party that recognised me from boards Know your nerds.
    I was just flattered, not stalkered.

Op, I just saw you in KYN, "Most Lickable' Poster of the year", indeed *flirty smiley*

"Most lickable"poster of the year,indeed :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ah comedy genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Come on whoever you are fess up so Pythia can return the favour and see what you look like :D

edit - So I went to know your nerds .... and immediately realised why this guy remembered Pythia :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

See, awards actually mean something around these parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Very harsh choice of words, Ive been on both sides of this situation. I like it when people recognise me and Im not afraid to tell people I recognise them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

connundrum wrote:
    Stalker might be a bit harsh

Aye, I agree, bit harsh (especially considering he'll probably read the thread). Don't think I'd ever recognise anyone from a picture I'd seen here, just those I've met. Wouldn't know what to think if someone turned around to me out of nowhere and said "Hey, you're rb_ie on Boards aren't you?!" or something along those lines, would probably just be worried that they were one of the many people who've taken me too seriously on here and that I was going to get a dig.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I was in a pub one night and after talking for two minutes to a friend at the bar some guy tapped me on the shoulder and said 'You're Silverfish, aren't you'.

I talk like I post, apparently. It wasn't stalkery until I thought about it later, how many posts of someone's do you have to read before you can recognise them from the way they talk?!

A lot, that's how many.

( you're reading this, aren't you. Go away)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

As Infront said he's more of a recognizer than a stalker imo.
    Out of interest what did your mum say?
    Very harsh choice of words, Ive been on both sides of this situation. I like it when people recognise me and Im not afraid to tell people I recognise them either.
    I recognise you btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Scraggs wrote:

I recognise you btw

See, that just made my day! Im guessing you recognise me from Scraggs?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I would think it weird if someone recognised me from Boards. Only a few posters on here know what I look like (or indeed probably what my name is).

Although there is somebody who phantomly reports what I post about to people. Not sure who that is but they must know me in real life.

Right?

*Glances nervously over his shoulder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Bah. Chances are they're a reasonably like minded individual. The few people I'd talk to regularly that I know on boards would be people I knew outside boards already - and if someone went so far as to recognise me or whatever then it would probably be someone in UCD and that would be more funny than scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I saw someone walking up westmoreland st and clicked i knew the photo from boards.

Wouldnt have remembered his name but some people have photographic memories.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Probably saw that pic from KYN and realised he knew you. From stalking your mom. Feck stacy's mom. Let's have some stacy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

rb_ie wrote:
    Aye, I agree, bit harsh (especially considering he'll probably read the thread). Don't think I'd ever recognise anyone from a picture I'd seen here, just those I've met. Wouldn't know what to think if someone turned around to me out of nowhere and said "Hey, you're rb_ie on Boards aren't you?!" or something along those lines, would probably just be worried that they were one of the many people who've taken me too seriously on here and that I was going to get a dig.
    funnily enough, the only person i recognised from a kyn photo at the boards beers i attended was pythia. it could have had something to do with the fact that she told me her name as she introduced herself. i can't remember though because it was late and i was well drunk by the time i met her.
    and monkyfudge at around the same time and he looks like a monkey. sort of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Don't flatter yourself, there was nothing stalker-like about that story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

This thread is all just a secret ploy. Pythia didn't feel she was getting enough attention as Most Lickable Boardster, and figured she'd whip up a little curiosity by posting a thread about her picture.

/me faps none the less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

I once saw some guy in UCD who posts on their board. He has long black hair and it swings when he walks, like Marcia Brady. I don't know who he is but I recognized the hair. I also have mental images of posters in my head: though most people according to my brain are their avatars. I think I would have no problem recognizing Julep because of some viking poster he posted one time. Some things just stick in your head.

I also recognize LH because he sits behind me in the library.

julep wrote:
    and monkyfudge at around the same time and he looks like a monkey. sort of.
    I was wearing a mask you know!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Jack and the bean stalker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

*Puts on his Pythia mask and dances around ala silence of the lambs..*

I'd **** me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Loving this thread. Proves that it don't matter how pretty you are, there's always going to be somebody who lives to tell you that you shouldn't flatter yourself.

But sure, if you don't, who else will?

That's right - AFTER HOURS!!1!1

<3 boardsie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Fantastic. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

That caused an unexpected laugh causing me to dribble on my shirt. Classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Loving this thread. Proves that it don't matter how pretty you are, there's always going to be somebody who lives to tell you that you shouldn't flatter yourself.

Especially when you post threads like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Once when I was out buying sandwiches agent smith bumped into me and touched me on the shoulder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

It probably helps you're one of the few girls with their pictures up that posts regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Bah, if he was a stalker he'd have your number!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Pythia wrote:
    A few months back I got attacked by a dog and posted about it here on boards.

My mother was having trouble with her computer in work today so the IT guy came to sort it out. He noticed a photo of her kids (ie me and my brothers) was on her desk and after looking at it pointed to me and asked if I had been attacked by a dog. He then told her he recognised me from boards!

Kinda funny how people remember these things!

Last time I call round to yore place to fix anything :(

I prefer the term 'silent watcher from a distance' rather than stalker.

Bah, if he was a stalker he'd have your number!
    And some of her blood and perhaps clippings of her toenails and pubic hair...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

And some of her blood and perhaps clippings of her toenails and pubic hair...

Ah, puppy love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Sangre wrote:
    It probably helps you're one of the few girls with their pictures up that posts regularly.
    Girls on the internets! Whatever next?! :eek:
    I recognised someone on Grafton Street a couple of months back who I had met at a beers but didn't want to be stalkerish and yell out to him across the street.. and I couldn't remember his realname .. woops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

grimloch wrote:
    Once when I was out buying sandwiches agent smith bumped into me and touched me on the shoulder.

Creepy!Touching randon people on the shoulder is creepy!Whatever happened to the good ol fashioned hand shake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

He might have recognised you from meetme.hotornot.com as well though, mightn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

daiixi wrote:
    Girls on the internets!

Lies! We're all blokes here...

(Yeah, I run into boardsters on the street or in the pub even when I visit Dublin. Why just this Christmas I ran into Homerbert and Panda100)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Dutchology

Who you calling a bloke?! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

(Yeah, I run into boardsters on the street or in the pub even when I visit Dublin. Why just this Christmas I ran into Homerbert and Panda100)

Slow down next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Oh em gee, ell oh ell.

Tea, everywhere!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

grimloch wrote:

i did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

rb_ie wrote:
    Having said this, was playing a poker tournament today when I saw a guy sitting across from me on my table that looked oddly familiar, took a while before I copped on that he was wearing a poker.ie shirt and knew who it was (Cormie, great meeting you btw).

So, it seems I proved myself wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I was in class one day a few years ago and there was a guy messing around on Boards. Checked the name and it was Karoma. I have been afraid of him ever since
    he is the same in real life as he is on Boards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I get it all the time in work (Xtravision) people coming up and striking up conversations and sliding boards.ie into the mix... was strange at first.. quite used to it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Pythia wrote:
    He noticed a photo of her kids (ie me and my brothers) was on her desk and after looking at it pointed to me and asked if I had been attacked by a dog. He then told her he recognised me from boards!
    You post your picture on the interweb and you're surprised that someone recognized you. Words fail me...

• Advertisement
Advertisement