Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 Deals

• 26-01-2007 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭

Getting sick of waiting for the PS3, so am toying with the idea of getting a 360.

Saw them in game with premium box + 2 controllers + 3 games for 459.

Anyone know of a better offer? Also, should I hold out for the PS3 or is the 360 worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Xtra-Vision have the best deal by far. Premium pack with Project Zero, PGR3, Nighty Nine Nights, Arcade Live unplugged and two joypads for €409.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I was really hyped for the PS3, but the temptation of Wii60 (Wii + 360) got hold of me over Christmas so I went out and bought them.

Personally I was tired of waiting for the PS3. I have not been impressed by the launch titles or the speed at which games are being released. In isolation the PS3 might be a good buy, but at the moment it can't even compete with the 360 (my opinion).

To each his own.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Do Xtra Vision have other bundles?

I'm looking for bundles with Gears of War & PGR preferably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Put it this way, the PS3 uses pictures of a 14 month old Xbox 360 game to advertise its game which is supposed to have the best graphics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Never owned an xbox myself, has the ps1, ps2 and psp, but bought the 360 because I was tired of waiting for te ps3 and it serves up alot of the same games with the same gfx
    Maybe afetr the price goes dwn and the games justify the purchase Ill get it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Got my 360 today, Xtravision deal. I don't think the PS3 is worth the money. Doesn't seem to be selling in the states and I imagine most of the exclusives will go multiplatform if the sales don't pick up. Not really interested in much on it anyway. Want Halo 3, Gears of War and Forza 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

360 is great. Even if you are a sony fanboy you would be mad to get a PS3 within the first few months of it being released. A lot of launch consoles have problems, and Sony has had difficulty with some of the Ps3 components and it is ridiculously expensive. I got my 360 premium on adverts.ie for 450 with 5 games, two wireless joypads and wireless adaptor try adverts and see if there is anything decent going.

If you are going to wait, wait at least a year until some good games come out for it, until they sort out any problems and for the price to drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

Theres little difference in graphics ,between the ps3 or 360.360 has xbox live. DOWNLOAD any demo you want,plenty of good games ,plays many xbox 1 games,the graphics are great even on a standard SD TV.The ps3 is 2 expensive,games are slow to come out,cos the games are much harder to program/design.The 360 has xna,well designed dev kit ,its like a superpowerful pc, but you dont have to buy a new graphics card every year.THE os menu,on the ps3 looks like a 50euro mp3 player.its going to be no 3 ,after the wii console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

brim4brim wrote:
    Do Xtra Vision have other bundles?

I'm looking for bundles with Gears of War & PGR preferably.

thats what im wondering too, they had those games and pro evo6 in the bundle for christmas. im told the games in the current bundle are not great apart from PGR... anyone else care to comment on Project Zero, Nighty Nine Nights, Arcade Live unplugged???????????

smyths offer at moment is 399 euro with one controller and one game (smackdown v raw '07).... not great.

anyone know what gamestop bundles are like????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

xtra-vision is €409.99 for premium console with extra controller along with PGR, PDZ, N3 & that XBL Arcade collection thingy...

if you really want gears though you'll find it traded no problem...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

xtra-vision is €409.99 for premium console with extra controller along with PGR, PDZ, N3 & that XBL Arcade collection thingy...

if you really want gears though you'll find it traded no problem...

You can get gears of war with the above for €439

Advertisement