Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere nice south of the Liffey...

Options
  • 26-01-2007 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm renting a bedsit in Phibsboro at the moment for €115 pw. As I'm a full time student I'm in receipt of rent allowance of €105. There has been many break ins to my home recently and friends cars have been damaged and broken into out on the road. I'd like to move somewhere in south Dublin city and my community welfare officer has told me that I would only be able to receive rent allowance once I was renting somewhere for €120 pw or less. I've been browsing online all day and it's slim pickings out there. Any advice? Do bedsits exist for that price in areas more decent than Phibsboro south of the Liffey preferably on the number 10 bus route? Input appreciated.

Also I had originally thought that I could get somewhere for €800 by contributing extra to the rent from my only funds but as I've said they'll only give me R/A if the place costs less than €120 pw :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bray and Arklow should have something for ya !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mr.student

no I need to be near the big smoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I used to rent a bedsit in Rathmines for €85/week. It was tiny buh.
    Most people I know who live in bedsits (all in Dublin 6) seem to pay around the €125/week mark..

Advertisement