Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Question

Options
  • 26-01-2007 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Are your teachers correcting your mocks, or are they being sent away to be corrected?
    I hope mine are being sent away, as its only fair and more accurate. I just heard rumors in school today that only certain subjects are sent away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Well how much did you pay? (assuming you paid). All mine are being sent away.. (I think). I'm not sure about engineering but I have a good teacher for that so I don't mind

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The mock paper suppliers have different rates for the papers they correct.

How they are still in business is a mystery to me. They often have non-syllabus questions on their mocks and their marking is all over the place.

The best possible situation is mock papers set and marked by teachers who have experience correcting actual exams and who know how marking schemes work. There is no guarantee the people correcting for the mock companies are teachers at all - they are a business, whose aim is to make money - remember that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

im jc .......there corected by teachers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

€95. I get it free with medical card though. If thats for the pres, whats the leaving cert gonna be?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

i paid 60 euro for all corrections, my teach said they get paid 2 euro per script. our papers r sent away but our economics one is being corrected by his friend

• Advertisement

madgal wrote:
    If thats for the pres, whats the leaving cert gonna be?!

Paid for by the state?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The Leaving Cert is €96. Our mocks are €90, and they're all sent away to be corrected..ususally not fully correct, so we go through them in class afterwards and scab for extra marks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

HAHA! I only paid a tenner. Teachers obviously correct ours. Either that or we've gotten in a few Polish correctors for the mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Ours are being sent away.
    100 bloody euro :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Either that or we've gotten in a few Polish correctors for the mocks.

Careful now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

We were told it costs E6.50 to have our German paper corrected. Postage costs E30 [receive papers, send back papers for correction, receive corrected papers].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Careful now!
    Twas a bit dodgy, wasn't it? If I was in the big brother house, I'd probably be having pictures of me burned in Poland right now...

Advertisement