Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kurt Angle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

angle has truly lost it, i used to respect the hell out of the guy,still do as far as a worker goes but his arrogance and sheer lunacy in his comments are really starting to grate,his claims he could beat chuck liddell are hilarious,chuck would hand him his ass
    as for the carny speak,im assuming hes talking about kayfabe during the match,maybe taker was using phrases and calling spots in a way angle didnt understand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/171782018.shtml
    What does he mean by "Carny Speak" in relation to the Undertaker?

From listening to it, I think he was trying to say that when he started out, he found it difficult when guys called matches in the ring because they spoke "carny".

He's on Bubba the Love Sponge show every week. 90% is bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He's on Bubba the Love Sponge show every week. 90% is bull****.

He usually does come out with a few statements that really catch my eye and I wonder what the **** he's thinkin. Not usually 90% though. But reading what he said in that link..possibly more than 90%. If he actually is a writer in TNA now, and as good as Angle is himself, I'd question their judgment cos he really does seem to have lost the plot since he left WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Yes, he seems mighty arrgoant these days. I can see bad time ahead in TNA if he carries on like this backstage.

Fozzy wrote:
    He usually does come out with a few statements that really catch my eye and I wonder what the **** he's thinkin. Not usually 90% though. But reading what he said in that link..possibly more than 90%. If he actually is a writer in TNA now, and as good as Angle is himself, I'd question their judgment cos he really does seem to have lost the plot since he left WWE

You should listen to the interview if you get the chance. Its makes you cringe listening to it. To be fair to Angle, the 2 hosts are just as bad.

The next old observer show I'll stick up (if I still have it) is as an interview with Angle from 2000. The contrast between then and now seems to be night and day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

kurt has lost it for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I wouldn't take what he says seriously. He's most likely trying to reach out to people unaware of TNA and thus he's hyping things up that are either very hard to believe or else just plain ridiculous.

By coming out with controversial statements he's guaranteed a regular spot on the show. If he came on the show and said TNA were behind Smackdown and ECW and that he was treated well in WWE, would he be given a spot on the show?

I bet that show got a ton of feedback from wrestling fans who were bemused at his comments. Thus, guess who's gonna be back on it soon? Kurt Angle.

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." - Oscar Wilde

He's been on pretty much since he started with TNA talking about everything from MMA, his and Dixies plan to take over the world in 3 weeks, the UFC, Vince and his health (which is kinda weird coming from Kurt), TNA and how his wife likes having anal sex. I think she was on one time too.

I understand he wants to promote TNA. Thats good. And at times you do need to be loose with the truth to get people talking. But listening to him its not even funny. Its sad. And to be fair, the interviewer makes it even worse. 30 minutes of brown nosing.

I've listened to him twice on it. I won't be again.

I think she was on one time too.

I heard her on the show once, it was when they were talking about Puder and Angle said that after he beats him he'll get Karen to piss and **** on his face in the middle of the ring. She was talking for a minute or two then. That's the first time that I remember saying that he'd lost it

I remember a discussion on this board about wrestling autobiographies a good long time ago, and someone was mentioned that they thought Angle's ghostwriter did a bad job because Kurt came across as so arrogant and cocky in the book. I remember thinking when I was reading it that he probably is that cocky. To a certain extent, he's entitled to be. But he's either just being more cocky now as he has more leeway in TNA, or he's changed in some way

He really does sounds like a gob****e though

EDIT: I was just looking for a recap of a show he did before in relation to:
    He's most likely trying to reach out to people unaware of TNA and thus he's hyping things up that are either very hard to believe or else just plain ridiculous.

If you read this recap, you'll see that in a 40 minute interview, TNA was only briefly mentioned after the 30 minute mark. So it's not as if he's advertising the show that much at all. Someone unaware of TNA could easily hear the interview and still be unaware, so I don't think he's doing anyone any favours, apart from the radio show

Fozzy wrote:

He really does sounds like a gob****e though

I didn't see him as being arrogant in the book but I take your point. He was confident certainly. But I mean the majority of elite athletes are at that level and need to be sometimes to get ahead. He had plenty to be proud of winning the international tournaments, the NCAA's,and the Olympics against guys who usually weighed so much more than him. So I can see where your coming from but at the same time theres that phrase "it ain't cocky if you back it up" and he backed it up.

I think he has changed. 6 years of wrestling and abuse leaves a mark. I'll put the wrestling observer interview up tommorow if I get the chance. He's like a different person.

I just think its sad. To be he truly is one of the greats and should be recognised as such. Instead in these weekly interviews he comes across like a washed up, low rent, deluded fool. And thats not good for anybody. Not him or TNA.

• Advertisement

I didn't see him as being arrogant in the book but I take your point.

I didn't find him cocky exactly, it's more that someone else said that they did, and they put it all down to the ghostwriter. I was more inclined to put whatever it was down to Kurt himself. But I agree, he did back it up, and he was entitled to be confident. But there's clearly a difference between then and now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I dont like this new angle at all.Where has that "Integrity" gone to now?

If im not mistaken,a week after he left WWE he released a statement thanking vince and telling him that he would one day love to have a coffee with him and now hes saying quite the opposite.

I didnt know that TNA were giving him more money than he was getting while at WWE but I do know that he got $1million+ a year with WWE so it must be in the region of 1.5 million that he is getting with TNA.

Angle knows that hes in the business of pro wrestling and he really needs to stop saying that he can take on the likes of chuck liddell in MMA cos:
    1. he doesnt have a chance given his current conditions
    2. Chuck is destroying everyone in his path and would literally disect angle in the octagon.

Why not shut up and try to be the best at what he is doing right now

Advertisement