Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W8nk3rs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 26-01-2007 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

some prick stole the foglights off my car today in the park n ride...

so if anyone knows of anyone getting new fog lights for an e36 bmw please let me know as they ain't cheap tp replace.

i have the serial numbers from both of them because i only replaced them two years ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Ah, that sucks man, sorry to hear that. Some other cars had their windows smashed a couple of weeks ago I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

bloody joke, that'll cost me a couple hundred €€€'s now just cos some little nacker wanted spots for his 3 series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

My brother-in-law works in a breakers yard. I'll ask him to keep an eye out for a pair if you like.

Sorry to hear about it.

Oddly enough, when I speculated some time ago that people might use the charlesland bus to get to the station after parking in the estate as a means to reduce the risk of damage to their cars, I was told the P&R is perfectly safe...

Indeed.

if you could that would be deadly,
    im just lookin on ebay

did i say that??
    if so i retract that statement

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Also:

Check www.bmw-driver.net/forum
    There's a classified section there, and you never know what people may have lying around.

www.accarsales.com
    These guys service my 3'er and are very good. They may be able to get you OEM parts at a reasonable price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Best place to buy new lamps for an E36 is German Swedish and French, you'll find them on the net, they have an outlet in Dublin. Very very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Mildly hijacking, but long-term what's the solution? Can security actually be put in there? Matt, did the CCTV footage identify who did it?

Matt, tried with the brother in law, to no avail.

Sorry about that.

apparently according to the gards there is no cctv in the park n ride.

im also not sute now if it happened outside my apartment or not the night before. Apparently there has been a few incidents up the crescent i found out from my neihbours.

@mike thanks for that man, gonna get the clear aftermarket ones off ebay for $45. too much effort to get the real ones.

apparently according to the gards there is no cctv in the park n ride.
    So the big "CCTV cameras in operation" sign on the wall is just hokum? Wonderful. Probably one of the most important parts of the town for a huge proportion of the people living here and it gets almost no attention at all :( :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Sparks wrote:
    So the big "CCTV cameras in operation" sign on the wall is just hokum? Wonderful. Probably one of the most important parts of the town for a huge proportion of the people living here and it gets almost no attention at all :( :mad:

Thats dreadful!!!

My housemate was one of the cars that had their windows smashed in the P&R. The guards told her they CCTV was fully operational so they shld catch them! In fairness they caught 3 scumbags for it! When she went down to give a statement she asked again (different guy) and he said they were working! :confused::)

Hmm. I wouldn't mind knowing which it is. In fact, I wouldn't mind knowing what's planned to make the situation better. Personally, I now drive to Bray most days to get the DART there, because I'd like my car with its windows intact when I get home that night. But that's an unsustainable setup. So are there plans to put in security measures there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

LMAO...driving to Bray for safety..now thats funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I drive there also and find it much safer.

LMAO...coming home to find your car's windows smashed in for the thrill of smashing windows..now that's funny!
    Not.
    :rolleyes:

Bray's car park isn't fort knox, but at least it isn't on the outskirts of town, with noone within an asses roar of it all day and night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Theres also a number of places around Bray within walking distance of the dart station that I use. I've had wing mirrors broken off in the P&R and dents from another user.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Theres also a number of places around Bray within walking distance of the dart station that I use. I've had wing mirrors broken off in the P&R and dents from another user.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
    But in fairness, that's accidental damage.

Having all the windows smashed or you're foglights stolen is a bit more sinister.

If I know I'm not going to be back in Greystones in time for the last Charlesland Shuttle bus, I tend to drive to Bray and use the P&R there. There's already enough broken glass around the Greystones P&R and I don't want my windows adding to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SJ

the 1st and only time we parked in the P&R in g/Stones our car was vandalised. This was a few weeks ago, The gardai said they had caught them on CC TV but haven't heard anything since. I will never park there again - especially since it's still going on - I would imagine stealing fog lights is not exactly a smash and grab routine so it just shows how poor the security is there... 7 cars were vandalised with ours - if that doesn't warrent some additional security measures I don't know what does!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SJ

the 1st and only time we parked in the P&R in g/Stones our car was vandalised. This was a few weeks ago, The gardai said they had caught them on CC TV but haven't heard anything since. I will never park there again - especially since it's still going on - I would imagine stealing fog lights is not exactly a smash and grab routine so it just shows how poor the security is there... 7 cars were vandalised with ours - if that doesn't warrant some additional security measures I don't know what does!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just to add to this, I drove to the pub (The Burnaby) one Saturday night and parked the car outside a house on the Killincarrick Road (think thats the name) which leads you from the small shop opposite the train station, past the park up to the Burnaby area.

I planned to leave the car there anyway over night cause I was having a few. The next day I walked back from Charlesland up to get the car and found the wing mirror had been smashed off. It wasn't as if it was a car who passed by as it that knocked it off as the wing mirror the was broken was on the footpath side of the car! Cost me €225 to get it fixed. The only safe place for your car is in a locked garage! Not many of those floating about.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

Parking there can get you a ticket astro. Which is a nice state of affairs - €40 to park within a minute's walk of the station where your car is far more secure; or free parking in the Park-n-Ride a good five minutes walk away (which is more aggrieving than it sounds on a cold dark january morning) with no real security or assurance that your car won't be vandalised. Lovely. It's like someone was told Greystones is a dormitory town and thought "grand so, let's make it awkward for everyone". :mad:

BTW, the Bray station car park was full this morning by 0730. I haven't seen the Greystones park-n-ride at 0900 in a while, but I'm guessing numbers are down there, since Bray used not to fill up until 0800.

And what muppet thought up the idea of sticking metal bollards in the ground in the bray car park and then painting them black? Fecks sake. Nearly gave me a heart attack yesterday morning...

Advertisement