Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Student Timetables online

Options
  • 26-01-2007 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'm heading back to college on Monday with no earthly idea what my timetable is? I only know I have one lecture on Monday because one of the lecturers contacted us through e-mail.

I tried to access my timetable through the D.I.T. website but it won't let me. Is anyone else having this problem and/or know a remedy?

Also, does anyone else think the D.I.T. administration could do a lot better in making this sort of informatin accessible to students?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

did we not all get an email saying that the whole system will be down for a while for maintenance. maybe thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

yup, the web-based timetables are terrible to be honest, aside from the fact that i no longer know what my login is, the layout is just terrible....

anyway, you might want to try emailing your class mentor and see if they have a copy of the timetable, or maybe there might even be a copy of it on their website?
    Failing that, go in early on monday morning and get a copy of your timetable from the school secretary, what course are you in?

LOTP: dont remember seeing that mail?

Edit: just read that mail, from the wording i would guess that the website would not be available at all, rather than just not able to login as they would need to shutdown servers if they are working on the electrical system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hounddog66

thanks for your help.

I never actually received any email about a server being down. I have contacted other people in my course (journalism) and they said they have their timetables, but they only got them because they went into college. No one seems to be able to get them online.

DIT's official line: 'What do you mean, 21st century?'

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

yep, there was an email, here it is:

NOTICE OF SYSTEMS DISRUPTION - SATURDAY, 27th JANUARY, 2007
    Dear students,

As a result of an electrical fault in DIT's main computer circuitry room,
    some urgent repairs need to be carried out tomorrow, Saturday 27 January,
    starting at 8 am. This work is necessary from a health and safety point of
    view and to protect our Information Services, but by undertaking the repairs
    tomorrow we hope to minimise the impact for students.

Unfortunately, to carry out the necessary work, all major DIT computer
    applications, networks and telephone systems will be disconnected
    completely. This will mean that for most of Saturday all Institute-wide
    systems and applications will be unavailable, including:

* Student email. (.dit.ie account)
    * Access to DIT Intranet (DIT Web Site, WebCT etc.)
    * Viewing of Examination Results.
    * Services in the Libraries (i.e printing services).
    * Incoming phone calls to any DIT building.

While every effort will be made to restore services as quickly as possible,
    we expect the downtime to last most of the day. We sincerely apologise for
    the inconvenience caused. We hope to have full service restored by the end
    of the day and in time for the beginning of Semester 2 on Monday.

DIT Information Services

• Advertisement

Hmmm perhaps my criticisms of D.I.T. were a bit premature. Over the weekend the head of the department sent everyone in the course a link, along with user name and password, to access the student timetables.

Now my ire is re-directed at the timetable itself. On Monday I've four hours break between my first and second lectures (10-11:00 and 3-5:00). For someone like myself who has to commute a long distance, this is an absolute nightmare as I can't go home in between.

Someone is going to be turning up to lectures drunk.

hahahaha yes my thoughts exactly

Advertisement