Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

relocating the "Program Files" folder in vista

• 26-01-2007 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Hi
    thinking of getting vista, currently have my HD's Partitioned roughly as follows

C: drive (0.1 gig ) : boot partition
    D: drive ( 99.9 gig ): Music files
    E: drive ( 30 Gig) : XP MCE installation
    F: drive ( 40 gig) : Spare
    G: drive (150 gig with 100 free) : currently loadsa stuff (media files and applications installed "G:\Program files")

was thinking of getting the 32-bit home premium OEM vista, dual-boot with the current MCE setup.

i want to keep F: for the vista OS only, and have anything i install on vista go into "G:\Vista Program Files\..."

is this possible / advisable ? I would prefer not to have the hassle of repartitioning.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

As long as the application installers offer a choice of where to install the files to I can't see it being a problem.

(They'll dump parts of the program into system critical folders anyway like your user/app data folder no matter where you install an app)

Advertisement