Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smelly Labret

Options
  • 26-01-2007 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

I got my labret pierced last year and lately I'm noticing that the jewellary is starting to smell. I know this is normal becuase I study biology, but the problem is that I've tried everythign to get it out. I've tried cleaner from a well known piercing place, I've tried boiling salt water, I've tried fire....does anybody knwo how to stop this or am I doomed to have a smelly piercing for the rest of my life?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Hand_Of_Steel

Maybe try some Old Spice? :D
    Never heard of that TBH, I know my lobes smell a bit like feet when I strech them, but I haven't noticed any smell from my labret

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭danteXXI

Give it a while and you'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I have mine done nearly two years and mine doesn't smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

the jewellery doesnt smell, well mine doesnt, the thing that can smell is the fluidy stuff, sebum i think its called, thats what causes ear lobes to smell sometimes, only solution is to take piercing out and clean it...for you though wait till its healed :)
    i found using a toothpick to delicately remove the build up of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

That's well strange. I was gonna say it's cos it's a big wound then I realised this is a labret and not a lobe.

I'd have that checked.

Does it look infected or anything?

Dodge, boys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

sounds like its slightly infected, thats how i always tell im my piercings are infected if im suspicious...the smell test, lol..

anywasy, clean it with some weak solution of disinfectant and boiled water for a while, then go back to your sea salt solution...
    always worked for me

Advertisement