Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup 4th round excitment

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

psi wrote:
    I have 50 on Forest to win at 25-1 and another 50 on the draw at 9-1.

A fool and their money are easily parted, but I live and dream :)

sorry fella - we where dire today :( ho hum, at least we get to 'focus on the league' now :D

and fair play to the tricky trees who made the journy down there - you at least did us proud :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This round must be the least exciting since...well its dull.

Man City 3 1 Saints.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Ah but Chelsea - Forest has 'the magic of the FA cup'.

ah yes, the romance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

1-0 Bolton! Kevin Nolan.

1-1 FT

thought Arsenal deserved it. another trip to the Reebok :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yeah just what we didn't need. Bolton will take us there I reckon.

Bloody stream I had gave up the ghost for the 2nd half, but from what I saw of the 1st half it wasn't a classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

sorry fella - we where dire today :( ho hum, at least we get to 'focus on the league' now :D

and fair play to the tricky trees who made the journy down there - you at least did us proud :)

The annoying thing is that they are much better team than today's evidence. They never really looked up for it and they really didn't do the basics well.

Oh well, so long as they go up.

gandalf wrote:
    Bloody stream I had gave up the ghost for the 2nd half, but from what I saw of the 1st half it wasn't a classic.

2nd half was much much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Wheres Lineker going with his "portsmouth defended well throughout?

Even just taking Utd's 2 goals the defending was terrible. For the first Rooney ran into the box with a defender jogging 5 yards behind him. Park (?) was just outside Rooney with no one anywhere near him ready to tap it in if Rooney missed it.

For the 2nd goal, if Ronney hadnt decided to take on the shot he had players free in the box. I think by scorign a great goal he disguised bad Pompy defending.

How many goals are actually scored that aren't due to bad defending?

Take Liverpool vs. Chelsea, both of Liverpools goals were technically due to bad defending.
    Ferreira was pulled out of position due to some poor positioning of other players, which allowed Kuyt to get the better of him.
    Cole didn't close down Pennant anywhere near fast enough.

Both of those goals could be prevented with good defending.
    All a team can ever do is score the odd goal which is utterly undefendable, and score when the chances come to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

when the striker is standing just outside the 6 yard box, and the defender is jogging back, thats not bad defending, thats disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Very professional performance by Blackburn yesterday. Hughes looks to have made another good signing in Warnock. That said, his performance was against a very poor Championship outfit. What did 'Pool supporters on here think of him at 'Pool? Glad to see him go or not?

Great to see Nelsen back. He's badly needed with Ooijer out and the leadership of Savage missing. Blackburn would be alot higher in the league if they hadn't suffered so many injury setbacks. That said, Hughes looks to be building up a side with a bit of depth which is good, considering the team are still in two cups.

Derbyshire had a great game. He looks good and I'm glad he's getting his chance. Blackburn have brought through great players like Duff and Dunn in the past so hopefully he'll be the next big star.

Here's to a nice easy home tie in the next round hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

when the striker is standing just outside the 6 yard box, and the defender is jogging back, thats not bad defending, thats disgraceful.

It was actually 2 strikers, park was just a couple of yards to Rooneys right, his player was nowhere to be seen.

Advertisement