Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any point getting Adobe certification?

Options
  • 26-01-2007 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

I am looking to get into web design professionally. I have learned the basics of flash and photoshop but I would like to learn more skills. I have seen adobe and IACT have certified courses you can do but I wonder is there any point to this? Are you paying for the name or has anyone found this beneficial?

When you are looking for this kind of work is a portfolio of work more important than a title? Maybe I should save my money and work on my own projects instead.

thanks,
    Jane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Guess it'll depend who you are talking to ...

but ... either way .. you are going to need a portfolio .. unless you're applying for a junior post .. in which case you are going to need a portfolio .. to show them you are worthy ... (doh!) ...

So my personal thoughts ... work on your portfolio ... ( that said I hold no graphics title .. just do web design stuff )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The goal is to improve you skills, so you can better your experience and portfolio. I guess how you achieve that is up to you. I don't think qualifications hold much weight with employers in the design field. They want to see your work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

tbh, those qualifications just show you're very familar with adobe products, and nothing about creativity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Thanks, I think I will hold off on it for a while then and concentrate more on putting a portfolio together first.

Advertisement