Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All boards URLs kaput except 82.195.136.36?

Options
  • 27-01-2007 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

www/pie/cake/ 82.195.136.251/statler all not working as of a few mins ago, but 82.195.136.36 is flying. Anyone else found this? btw the only way I got 82.195.136.36 was by google cache.

Mike.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

www is flying for me and has been for most of the day. Pie and cake are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

www fine for me. Using OpenDNS for my er DNS.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

also using openDNS and only 82.195.136.36 is working here

mike65 wrote:
    btw the only way I got 82.195.136.36 was by google cache.

Mike.

The only way I got 82.195.136.36 was that I managed to get the homepage open with http://boards.ie/ and hover-previewed your post Mike, so thanks for that!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Pretty much everything was gone for me. I just managed to get on on www, but pie and 82.195.136.251 still aren't working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

No pie/cake/www for me. Only 82.195.136.36 worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

everything went. this happened the other night as well (monday maybe?) but it was after 3am so not many people would have noticed maybe

Edit: now its gone again and only cake is working.
    Are you guys trying to MAKE us work/ study/ live productively or something?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Was gone all night last night for me... just getting served blank pages.
    It only came back after the 3am backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Same as DonkeyStyle last night.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No idea whats going on, seems fine for me. Perhaps Regi or Cloud were doing something.

DeV.

• Advertisement

What's fsdfs?

By the way, what is roffle? Rolling on floor something laughing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Roffle originated from ROFL, then people readling ROFL like a normal word rather than spelling out each letter as R-O-F-L. Also see, rofl harris. :)

Thank you, it always confused me a bit:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I'll say it again :)

www. = 82.195.136.250. This is the IP address of a load balancer, which sends you to either one webserver, or the other, and tries to balance the load accordingly.

82.195.136.36 = pie (older webserver).
    82.195.136.251 = statler (newer webserver).

There's also a DNS wildcard, which I must fix at some stage, which directs anythingatall.boards.ie to statler.

Please use www.boards.ie if at all possible, as it will help to balance the load. If lots of people go directly to pie or statler, it ends up even harder to manage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's randomly not working for me, and usercp has not worked all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

regi wrote:
    I'll say it again :)

www. = 82.195.136.250. This is the IP address of a load balancer, which sends you to either one webserver, or the other, and tries to balance the load accordingly.

82.195.136.36 = pie (older webserver).
    82.195.136.251 = statler (newer webserver).

There's also a DNS wildcard, which I must fix at some stage, which directs anythingatall.boards.ie to statler.

Please use www.boards.ie if at all possible, as it will help to balance the load. If lots of people go directly to pie or statler, it ends up even harder to manage.
    Now, I'm sure you've thought of this and debated it extensively among yourselves....but how come you're not just blocking direct access to the servers, and forcing everyone to use the load balancer address?

I don't think there's been any issues with the load balancer in recent times?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

seamus wrote:
    I don't think there's been any issues with the load balancer in recent times?

I don't know, sometimes I can use www. and other times I have to use one of the others in order to get the site to work.

*shrugs*

Today for instance www. is fine, a few days ago it wasn't, for me at least. Of course as soon as I decided to reply to this then www. decided to take 24 seconds to load the page. It's a fickle beast. ;)

Advertisement