Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feeling the blues...still

• 27-01-2007 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hallo all,
    When i split with my gf i was gutted,she said she wasnt happy but really i think she just didnt want to be tied down anymore since she was in long relationship b4 me and was taking care of her family an awful lot,i knew it was a hard thing for her to do and she left by calling me that cute name she calls me and said maybe sometime again in so many words.She moved outa home and we kept in contact for about 5 mths after, b4 we drifted apart.

That was a year and a half ago!During that time i went on a 6 mth break to oz and went back to college,call it a new lease on life.Met a few girls on the way and this one girl who was stunning,i mean heads would turn,went out with her for 2 months b4 i started to 'drift away',she was really nice and put in an effort,ppl were calling me crazy and to be frank i thought i was too but the feeling just wasnt there.I'm not the strongest of ppl on the inside but i always thought myself as being able to deal with things.

Sometimes i still think of my ex,like when i stay in at night i wonder if she's out having a good time and who she's with.

Jesus a year ago i thought i'd be well and truly over it by now.We lived in the same town and she went over seas to finish studying so we're bound to meet again,but god what the hell am i holding on to,i mean i just cant help it!
    If i seen her going out with someone else i know it would still affect me,a year and a half is a nice bit of time to get over someone but their is something still stuck to me which,i dunno,just cant let go...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sounds like you think of her as the love of your life. But it is time to move on, as im sure she has.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

why don't you try and get in touch with her....if she's interested then great ,...if not you'll know you need to move on......its the crappiest feeling in the world and a year and a half is too long to be going through it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You are tormenting yourself OP. If you want then go ahead and find out how she is doing but if she is in a relationship then it might not help you, best to get on with your life and stop mulling over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_and_I

Maybe you are not letting yourself think of another in the same way, I mean if you still feel that there is a possibility that ye might get back together you will never have room for someone else, you sound like you never really got any closure. Although a year and a half could be considered just that.

Advertisement