Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sales team wanted

Options
  • 27-01-2007 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I am presently looking for a sales team all over Ireland, to sell Web sites, you can work from home. We have a office in Finland, but our main office is here in Wexford Town.

For more info, and any questions

email me at wexford147@eircom.net

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Is it Mike or Kati? :)

I'm not sure this is the right place for the thread... Still, I may be interested, can you provide more details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I'd imagine you're talking about a commission only based job. Don't know if that really works in Web design as the margins are often quite tight and the sales cycle is quite long. Essentially if it's going to be worth a salesperson's while they need to be making enough in commission for the time and effort they've put in, and to do this and still remain profitable you may well price yourselves out of the market in the process.

So typically you'll get lots of interested parties who'll sign up to be salespeople, but they'll get disillusioned within a week and you'll just have wasted your time in their hiring and induction.

Still, I'm assuming you're just talking about a commission only based job. You might be talking about a basic salary too or even something more imaginative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Juggle

Is this an example of the work a potential sales rep would be trying to sell? www.celticweb.eu

In such a competitive market you guys really need to step up your game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Juggle wrote:
    Is this an example of the work a potential sales rep would be trying to sell? www.celticweb.eu
    Oh dear :o

You should really work on your marketing material, to begin with. Basically for €950, you promise a choice of two Web designs, standard hosting, a domain name and 20 - 25 static Web pages. TBH, that might be sell to someone who is friends or related to you, but I wouldn't fancy flogging that to someone in an open market. If you want to be competitive you're realistically going to have to get more technical (e.g. databased-backed sites) or creative (e.g. Flash and, frankly better design). Alternatively lower your price. A lot.

Also, you are aware that you appear to 'passing off'? That is using the company name of an existing business. Do you know that's illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Mighty stuff. There is absolutely no way that a company like yours could possibly sustain a sales team with work like that. I would recommend that you learn how to design and develop websites professionally before acting like a professional and selling your services to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭H3LLg0d

eeeewwwwwwwwww

you should work on your own site first:p

Advertisement