Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVD out of sync.

• 27-01-2007 4:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I was watching Mission Impossible 3 the other night, on my really cheap dvd player (not my main one). My son caused it to skip. As the movie progressed, the actors mouths and the speech became "out of sync" in certain parts. Is this because the dvd player is a cheap crappy one, or is the dvd actually faulty. I doubt the "buffer" is actually that good - the thing only cost $20 (well, $19 actually)! I know, I could just watch it on a different dvd player to see for myself, but this is easier LOL. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

It could have just been some sort of crappy buffer. Have you tried watching anything on it since? Is it OK now?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Carlimited

It could have just been some sort of crappy buffer. Have you tried watching anything on it since? Is it OK now?

That wouldn't surprise me at all. What do you (me) expect for $20 anyway? I haven't tried another movie since then. Should do that though I guess. LOL :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Carlimited wrote:
    That wouldn't surprise me at all. What do you (me) expect for $20 anyway? I haven't tried another movie since then. Should do that though I guess. LOL :cool:

What were you watching it on?

Some Plasma/LCD's have issues decoding certain video sequences where a lot of information is changing between frames.

The Soundtrack on the other hand is a constant stream so it ends up being decoded before the picture is rendered.

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Carlimited

nereid wrote:
    What were you watching it on?

Some Plasma/LCD's have issues decoding certain video sequences where a lot of information is changing between frames.

The Soundtrack on the other hand is a constant stream so it ends up being decoded before the picture is rendered.

L.

I was watching it on my crappy tv/vcr combo (remember, the dvd player was only $20). Either way, I appreciate the time you took to answer. Thanks! :D

Advertisement