Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii Modchip - Wiinja

Options
  • 27-01-2007 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

Barring another hoax, it would seem that there's a modchip becoming available for the Wii from Feb 1st. This will allow for the usual stuff like import discs. More information including pictures and a video from here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was just looking up on this...

Unfortunately until the Wii gets DVD capabilities, i'll pass on it. I've an XBOX and XBMC which i only use for media, and rarely games. So not buying another a DVD player along with the Wii.

Any truth to the rumour the DVD-enabled will only be available in Japan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

ive heard that as well[just japan]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Is that youtube video trying to discredit this chip?
    So dodgy, you can't tell its not just 2 wii's or something like that. So why make a video like that if the chip is real?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

so do you download games put em on dvd and they will work?also how will you know if the games are real i think ill order one :D cant believe you can already mod it at this early stage..does it make the wii region free and can a europe wii play usa games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

so do you download games put em on dvd and they will work?also how will you know if the games are real i think ill order one :D cant believe you can already mod it at this early stage..does it make the wii region free and can a europe wii play usa games?
    Supposily if you use freeloader with it with the chip they will work...

• Advertisement

No you don't download games, you just backup your own games encase they get scratched. Modchips are only used for totally legal purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

tuxy wrote:
    No you don't download games, you just backup your own games encase they get scratched. Modchips are only used for totally legal purposes.

Sarcasm :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Its a pity you still have to use freeloader to run imports, kind of defeats the purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Yea, I would only be interested in a modchip if it allowed me to play imports

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭coadyj

Well kinda, You download the game, unscramble it, find suitibly media burn it at 2x buy a nintendo screwdriver solder the cyclowiz (better the wiinja) in place and then you can enjoy games.

coadyj wrote:
    cyclowiz (better the wiinja)
    In what way is it better?

tuxy wrote:
    In what way is it better?

does not require soldering and it is discussed in many forums as the best modchip out there and may well be the leader for a good while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

it does require solderin warzone
    but not using wires
    just straight onto the unit
    bit like the xeno gc i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

And another: the WiiKey

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

"Boots different NTSC region Wii games/backups" - It'll probably be a case of any existing NTSC console being able to play games from other NTSC regions but I'm hoping that it'll allow for turn on modchip play imports, turn off modchip play PAL type behaviour (however unlikely! :D).

Cheers for that Basquille.

j4vier wrote:
    it does require solderin warzone
    but not using wires
    just straight onto the unit
    bit like the xeno gc i guess

exactly, so it is slightly easier to install but harder to uninstall. So I don't see how it is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭coadyj

tuxy wrote:
    exactly, so it is slightly easier to install but harder to uninstall. So I don't see how it is better.

no its easy to uninstall. just hold a solder gun up to the differnt points and remove it. you can alway use wire it you want. it very slim too so easy to install into wii

should i wait for wiikey also where can you get cyclowiz with shipping to ireland

Advertisement