Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening ports on Vodafone Modem?

Options
  • 27-01-2007 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Is it possible to open your ports on the vodafone HSDPA modem? I want to open my ports for emule and bittorrent

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Dunno, couldn't you just tunnel P2P content through an open port?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

brim4brim wrote:
    Dunno, couldn't you just tunnel P2P content through an open port?

exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭6digitnumber

What ports are open on the vodafone modem? I tried using port 80 but emule is still giving me a low id.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

considering they now WILL charge above the 5GB , (12c per MB) you would want to monitor your usuage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭6digitnumber

I have the 'unlimited data' package 49.99. i know there is a fair usage policy, but they cant charge extra, if they dont like how much i use they can only cut me off, i dont use loads anyways..

Anyone any ideas which ports are open? What would be a good one to use? Using port 80 is giving me a low id on emule

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Are you sure it's not just the windows xp firewall?

Advertisement