Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Source partition program

• 27-01-2007 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Anyone know any open source partition programs like partition magic?

Want to make a small partition for a Linux install, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

There is a great utility cd out there called Hiren. It has all kind of little programs on it for various parts of your computer. It has partitioning software on it i find partition magic the best utility on it simple and easy to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

GParted may be of use to you. You can boot it from a live CD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Mencius

Tried Gparted and it had a error :(,

Ill give Hiren a try.

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

I recommend GParted. The new one is lovely. What sort of error are you getting?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mencius wrote:
    Tried Gparted and it had a error :(,
    any clues ?

I like qtparted , when coupled with ntfsresize it does what it says on the tin

• Advertisement
Advertisement