Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats happened to the treo 750v?

• 27-01-2007 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

hi all
    saw a few months ago the palm treo 750v was available on vodafone but never had a price on it,i'm eligible to upgrade so looking for this,but it seems to be gone!
    i use a treo 650 a bought a month ago,i love the form factor but prefer the wm5 on my xda so this would the perfect solution so this brings me to another question:
    whats are my options on vodafone upgrades..is the e61 any good(would like to know from a person who have used palm and wm5) and whats the story with the e70....where the f**k is it?

another question is do i have pay termination charges if i cancel my contract with upgrade eligibilty pending?

cheers
    damo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

damo86 wrote:
    hi all
    saw a few months ago the palm treo 750v was available on vodafone but never had a price on it,i'm eligible to upgrade so looking for this,but it seems to be gone!
    i use a treo 650 a bought a month ago,i love the form factor but prefer the wm5 on my xda so this would the perfect solution so this brings me to another question:
    whats are my options on vodafone upgrades..is the e61 any good(would like to know from a person who have used palm and wm5) and whats the story with the e70....where the f**k is it?

another question is do i have pay termination charges if i cancel my contract with upgrade eligibilty pending?

cheers
    damo

Try calling/emailing your account manager, as they have phones available that are not shown on the web site (e.g. V1605 aka HTC Hermes/HyTN)

We have both 750v and E61s in the office, both work perfectly with Exchange 2003 SP2 for push email.

I personally prefer the E61 as screen is both physically and resolution bigger (320x240 vs 240x240 on 750V), plus E61 has built-in WiFi.

If you prefer WM5 look at the V1605 as it's basically an updated XDA Mini S (HTC Wizard) with 3G and a faster CPU, has 320x240 screen, WiFi and slide out keyboard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

thanks skearon
    went down the slide out keyboard route but didnt like need to have one-handed usage,the e61 is tempting...how you finding the speed of the device,cos the treo 650 is the fastest ive used so far,one thats letting it down is the lack of multitasking which was very useful.is the keypad usable?
    pity its has no camera...i love to say that i dont need a camera but it always handy to have!
    skearon,do you know if the e70 is available through the corporate acc cos i dont have a corp acc manager...im a student!i do know one and im waiting to hear from him.

cheers
    damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

damo86 wrote:
    thanks skearon
    went down the slide out keyboard route but didnt like need to have one-handed usage,the e61 is tempting...how you finding the speed of the device,cos the treo 650 is the fastest ive used so far,one thats letting it down is the lack of multitasking which was very useful.is the keypad usable?
    pity its has no camera...i love to say that i dont need a camera but it always handy to have!
    skearon,do you know if the e70 is available through the corporate acc cos i dont have a corp acc manager...im a student!i do know one and im waiting to hear from him.

cheers
    damo

e70 is not available and at this stage might never be on vodafone....the treo 750v is defo still available...just ask in a shop

hi wirelesdude
    thanks for info...how much is the treo 750v?
    cant believe vodafone havent released the e70...it would sold like hot cakes...muppets(no offence to you wirelessdude)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

skearon wrote:
    Try calling/emailing your account manager, as they have phones available that are not shown on the web site (e.g. V1605 aka HTC Hermes/HyTN)

why don't they show these phones on the site ? do they not want people
    to know they are selling them :confused: .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

to be honest i'm not too sure about the price...the v1605 is 217 ex vat in the corporate space..would expect the treo 750v to be around that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 linryan

Hey guys,

The E70 is in testing and is due for launch in March. The E61 is an excellent phone and if you have it i have all the settings needed for it.
    The treo 750 is only available for corporate customers so if you have a personal account you cant get it.

(all the above applies to vodafone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 linryan

also if you cancel you're eligible for an upgrade it means your contract is up, so if you leave there is no charge. If you upgrade it ties you into a new contract, so if you leave you'll be charged termination charges. Always ring them to double check, they'll advise you of any charges you might owe before you leave

cheers for that
    rang them anyway but still have to pay termination charges up to april 2007,my contract was up to october 2007 (18 month contract),
    moving to o2 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭moby2101

linryan wrote:
    Hey guys,

The E70 is in testing and is due for launch in March. The E61 is an excellent phone and if you have it i have all the settings needed for it.
    The treo 750 is only available for corporate customers so if you have a personal account you cant get it.

(all the above applies to vodafone)

Hi
    I purchased my Treo 750 V in Vodafone Grafton St, for 349. Im a private customer. I am on a tariff that gives me 400 ins free and calls to vodafone for free for life. Superb phone btw....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

moby2101 wrote:
    Hi
    I purchased my Treo 750 V in Vodafone Grafton St, for 349. Im a private customer. I am on a tariff that gives me 400 ins free and calls to vodafone for free for life. Superb phone btw....
    I am thinking of changing my HTC prophet for a Treo. The one-handed use of th Treo appeals to me.

Have you tried the HSDPA hack posted on many of the treo forums? Does it work well in Ireland?

Have you used the Treo as a bluetooth modem?

Thanks,

Ronan

Advertisement