Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband in cork

Options
  • 27-01-2007 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

hey just wondeing i moved to cork last week and i wanna get broadband but there's no phoneline in the house.. living on mardyke walk was just wondering if anyone knows of any wireless broadband available in that area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

check out irish broadband. you may be just outisde the coverage for their ripwave product, which is 18.95 a month. check out their website, you can prob get their breeze product.

used them in the past, never had problems, found it a good service.

www.irishbroadband.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You don't want Ripwave. Trust me on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

only had breeze, ripwave that bad ya? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I've never had it, but since it came out I've seen people feed back about it on the IrelandOffline and Broadband forums here on Boards.ie, and in several other locations, and the vast majority of it has been negative.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The breeze product is absolutely appalling. I've used it myself and known 4 people at work who reported the same issue - it works fine for a month or two, then the subnet you're on starts to fill up and performance drops. You complain when it gets to the point of behaving like a dialup connection, and after a couple of months of their incompetent helpdesk failing to understand the problem, the one engineer they have who knows what he's doing moves you to another subnet. Where the whole bloody mess starts over again.

Steer well clear unless people in your immediate area can confirm it works ok for them, I'd say. (The broadband forum had a 19 page thread of people detailing their complaints against IBB)

FWIW, I've been using Digiweb's Metro plan for the last 3 weeks and so far so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Na na na na, na na na na, Cripwave!
    ...which, surprisingly, actually works for me. God only knows why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 bjd

same deal for me, living in carrigaline, new house, dont want landline so waiting on 3 Ireland to get the HSDPA coverage sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

www.digiweb.ie
    have their metro product for the last 8months+ and never had an issue with it, very stable, fast and great value
    3mb for 35 p.m - no line rental & 30Gb cap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 bjd

www.digiweb.ie
    have their metro product for the last 8months+ and never had an issue with it, very stable, fast and great value
    3mb for 35 p.m - no line rental & 30Gb cap

i rang digiweb about carrigaline and their sales guy told me get a landline.

Advertisement