Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Veronica Mars Season 3 Epi 10-19 ***Spoilers***

• 27-01-2007 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

I thought I would start a new thread for the second part of the series.

Episode 10 aired on Tuesday night, here is the recap from tv.com

Veronica and Mac help campus researchers locate a missing monkey who was allegedly stolen by animal rights activists.

Meanwhile, Keith is approached by Mindy O'Dell, who claims her husband's death was murder, not suicide. And in the aftermath of his breakup with Veronica, Logan turns to Dick for advice.

I thought this was a good start to the next main story while still giving V her own little case to solve. Parker got over her attack fairly quickly, Mac was a little slower but got there in the end.

The best lines (actions) have to again go to Dick and his photographs :D

Good to see it back :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

please edit the title, this is a season 3 episode.............. could give away spoilers for people like me who have'nt access to season 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's Season 3... fixed! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

alright episode there on tuesday,i just really like the dialogue in this show. it is always witty and never corny. it set up for what is to come with the "who killed the dean storyline",mac has a new love interest in that freaky guy from invasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

basquille wrote:
    It's Season 3... fixed! :D
    Thank you ;)

Mac's new hubbie was wrecking my head too... don't know him from 'Invasion' but recognised him as the guy in the 'Standoff' pilot.

Anyways.. more of the same sub-standard Veronica Mars this week methinks. Some witty dialogue - especially the bit regarding who stole the monkey ("bet it was those PHAT people?"... "Because monkeys are so delicious!?").

But eeeuurrghh.. that Logan - Veronica reunion at the end was so contrived and daft that i think i lost a couple of braincells while watching it.

What are the bets that Rob Thomas's 3rd story-arch (which will not be revealed now) would have be something to do with Piz? Or if not something to do with him, something revealing him as the culprit - of like stalking Veronica or sending threating letters to Logan or something. Would have been a perfect way to shock viewers - eliminate his good guy persona all season. Just a hunch though!

And for fecks sake... if there is a 4th season, have it anywhere except that university. A burger bar, a pizza parlour, a 24 hour petrol station - ANYWHERE!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

I just watched episodes 14 and 15, we finally get to find out who the murder was. I really liked these two especially because I watched them together.
    Tim being the murderer was a bit predictable, it all kind of fell into place before Veronica coped on. But of course the whole Lamb thing :eek: :eek: I did not see that coming at all, and of course Keith saves the day.

There were loads of good bits ; Logan in it but not with Veronica, all the popular characters Mac etc appeared and there were some good one-liners. And no Piz, yet to make an impact with me.

I think there are 6 episodes left in this season and Rob Thomas is saying that it is 60/40 to him whether season 4 will go ahead.

The next episode "Un-American Graffiti" will air on 1st of May (accordind to Tv.com)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Tim being the murderer was quite predictable but I was very satisfied with they way it all unfolded.

Overall, the season so far has been quite average with only 2-3 recent episodes really standing out. If the show is to be cancelled at the end of the season, which I'd say realistically speaking has an 80% chance of happening, I will forever miss the Veronica-Keith relationship. This relationship and the quality dialogue are the only things which seem to be setting VM apart from it's rivals at the moment.

Thought the series has gotten worse and worse being bogged down with all this
    will-they, won't-they Veronica / Logan, the will-they, won't-they Veronica / Piz, the will-they, won't-they Parker / Logan..... and ohhhhh, let's introduce a new love interest for Mac. Urggghh! :(

The show was all about the mysteries and has developed into 'The OC' with better writing and characters.. but that's not what i want from the show.

The Cyrus O Dell murder was quite obvious from the start of Wednesday's episode... with Tim just outta the blue asking for Veronica's help. I mean, c'mon! :rolleyes:

The best moment of the series was probably the conclusion of the rape storyline.. though i was far from satisfied with the revelation of the culprits, the episode itself has a quick pace sorely missing from this season. And i was quite sad when Lamb died.. a great character!

With regards to a 4th season.. as pokerwidow mentioned, Rob Thomas says it's 60-40 in their favour. With the way this season has went, i wouldn't be bothered either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

basquille wrote:
    The best moment of the series was probably the conclusion of the rape storyline.. though i was far from satisfied with the revelation of the culprits, the episode itself has a quick pace sorely missing from this season. And i was quite sad when Lamb died.. a great character!
    The use of 'Right Here, Right Now' was probably the highlight of a poor season. That scene reminded me more of season one's darker tone :(

S.M.B. wrote:
    The use of 'Right Here, Right Now' was probably the highlight of a poor season. That scene reminded me more of season one's darker tone :(
    Yeah, i'd agree wholeheartedly with you there. The opening scene with that playing and Veronica running away from an unknown figure is probably the scene that will stay with me from an unremarkable season (so far anyways(.

And no story arc for the last few episodes of the season... very disappointing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's a shame how far this series has dropped from the first series. I thought Lamb's death was a bad move, he was one of the few characters who's scene's I usually enjoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭csk

I have quite enjoyed the last few episodes, although in saying that I did only discover it half way through series two so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about :D

The relationship between Veronica and Keith is definitly the highlight for me and
    I'm glad that the whole Logan Veronica thing has been put to bed for now at least.

I really hope though after discovering this fantastic show it's not cancelled.

Advertisement