Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(sink)

• 27-01-2007 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what (SINK) means at the start of a forum title (not on Boards). It might have square brackets, I can't remember.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

no idea to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Never heard of it, where is the forum you are viewing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Is it a plumbers forum ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Why not ask on a forum that uses it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Maybe the Op doesn't want to look like a NEWB!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Lump wrote:
    Maybe the Op doesn't want to look like a NEWB!
    Well, a good job well done here then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭looksee

How can my asking a question that none of the experts can answer makes me a NEWB? And what's wrong with being a newb anyway? It gives the experts someone to condescend to. The forum was on biology.ie, the new nature site. I couldn't find any appropriate place to ask the question; it wasn't a nature question and the site builders didn't offer any way of asking. I googled it and - understandably - got a number of plumber and sociological sites, also a few uses of the term in forums but I wasn't prepared to sign on to a site to ask when I already belong to a site that might be able to tell me.

Advertisement