Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Bravia LCD-DVD HDD- Skybox Setup

• 27-01-2007 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a Sony Bravia LCD and Sony HDD recorder RDR-HX520. I have used it with a regular terrestrial aerial for the last few months and I love it. I just got Sky installed and I'm trying to hook it all up and configure the system correctly.
    Is it possible to set up the HDD recorder to see the sky channels or can I only record something by setting the sky box to the right channel and setting the HDD Recoder to L3?
    Is it possible to watch one channel and record another???
    The manual mentions that the HDD can record from Sky. Anyone got any tips or useful web links?

Cheers!

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Donie75

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to record one channel and watch another channel on sky with this set-up?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I have NTL, so can only assume it's somewhat similar.

There are a number of channels that come in without needing to be decoded. I have a connection from the NTL box direct to the TV/DVD and one to the NTL decoder. The NTL decoder is then connected to the TV and DVD.

Channels such as RTE, BBC etc come in unencoded.

But, if I was to record something on (for example) Bravo, then the NTL box needs to be on that channel. I can't watch another channel that needs to be decoded while I am recording.

I hope this is of some help, but I'm not sure how Sky works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

With ordinary sky ( not sky +) there is only one feed to the sky box from the lnb and this is encrypted , the box is needed to unencrypt it. So with ordinary sky and just one feed , you cannot record one station and watch another ! Its not possible !

With a sky + box though , there are two feeds , however again they both have to be unencrypted by the box , so im not sure how this would work with the HDD , you may be able to watch one sky channel and have the HDD record another , but sky + would do that for you anyway so there wouldnt be much point !!

Advertisement