Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to put together a complete 2000ad collection

Options
  • 27-01-2007 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,837 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

I first began collecting 2000ad every week in 1995. Decided to stop in 2002 sometime. Don't ask why. Possibly my age. Anyway, I started collecting again a year ago and have now decided to attempt to get every one I'm missing.

There is a comic shop in temple bar which seems to have every comic I'm looking for. Problem is, they're €3 each. Bit steep when you're looking for about 800 or so.

Thankfully he has a box which he fills up with any progs that are less then perfect. Which seems to include comics which have someones name written on them. So most seem to be in pretty good condition just for this one minor flaw.
    At 10c each I've been able to buy a couple of hundred.

Anyway, I'm just wondering does anyone know any other shops or places that sell cheap progs? I know I used to buy lots in Blackrock market when I was a kid. Haven't a clue if they're still there. Or better yet, if you have a stash hidden away somewhere caked in dust and on the verge of turning green then give me a shout.

The ones I'm looking for are;

1-400
    about half of the 500s
    most of the 800s
    900-949

1252-1419 (When I stupidly decided to stop for 5 years. Still slapping myself over this :D)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

not sure about places around ireland but keep an eye on the forum as we have had people who are getting rid of collections for various reasons. Also have a look at ebay or craigs list cus again you'll get people getting rid of boxes of comics on there. Craigs list would be cheaper but its more hit and miss then ebay. I had a quick look at ebay and there's some big lots of comics going for around $15 - $20

The issue most people have with buying online is that you have to pay for postage but if your buying from the USA ask them to ship using media mail. Media Mail is something the united states postal sevice uses to send print material and its discounted to a 1/3 of what it would cost to send it regualer mail - i shipped over 30 really big boxes of comics back from new york when i was moving and it cost a fraction of what i thought it would. Again your more likly to get people on craigs list to agree to that shipping option then ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

I think I might have a good lot of the 800s and as long as Zenith isn't in those issues I'll probably be happy to give them away, clear some space and all that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 34,837 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'll keep an eye out so. Maybe something will turn up.

I've bought quite a few from ebay but yeah, the postal charges are killing me. Media Mail? Never heard of that. Although, I rarely find 2000ad being sold by American sellers. Nearly all UK. Even at that, the postage is painful. There was a collection up last night. Starting at prog 150 and going up to 850. Somone won it for 2.00! But the postage within the UK was 70 sterling. God knows what It would have been to send over here.
    the Shades wrote:
    I think I might have a good lot of the 800s and as long as Zenith isn't in those issues I'll probably be happy to give them away, clear some space and all that lol

That would be excellent! As far as Zenith being in the 800's "Phase 4" starts in prog 792 and ends in 806..So he's only in the first six ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 davidmc

o1s1n wrote:
    I'll keep an eye out so. Maybe something will turn up.

I've bought quite a few from ebay but yeah, the postal charges are killing me. Media Mail? Never heard of that. Although, I rarely find 2000ad being sold by American sellers. Nearly all UK. Even at that, the postage is painful. There was a collection up last night. Starting at prog 150 and going up to 850. Somone won it for 2.00! But the postage within the UK was 70 sterling. God knows what It would have been to send over here.

That would be excellent! As far as Zenith being in the 800's "Phase 4" starts in prog 792 and ends in 806..So he's only in the first six ;)

Hi I havent looked in on this board in a while and as luckk would have it I have a load of 2000ad for sale, some 200s, and most of 300s-1300. load of annuals, specials and jd megs.
    If youre interested drop me a line to maryanddavid1@eircom.net. As for price, not very dear!!

Cheers

David

Master of the Universe

I'll email you now! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Bit off topic, but where is the comic shop in Temple Bar, name of shop?

Ed

Master of the Universe

Just around the corner from the Temple Bar Music center. Its on a corner. I'm not sure what it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭nicolo

theres a guy selling a near complete lot in the buy and sell check the websites do a search for comics, seen it about a week ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

"story" (Crow Corner) do 2000AD back issues

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Along the same vein, I'm searching for Young Death - Boyhood of a Super-Fiend, if anyone has a copy or has seen one ( aside from dodgy comic sites and ebay)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

I have many of the ones you're looking for will put together a full list in the next couple of weeks if you're not in a rush.

Master of the Universe

galactus wrote:
    I have many of the ones you're looking for will put together a full list in the next couple of weeks if you're not in a rush.

Well, thanks to davidmc and the shades, I should have quite a lot sorted out. Have a batch coming from Davidmc on Monday.

So, seeing as it's Sunday and I'm looking for something to do, here's an updated list of what I'm now looking for. :)

1-399 if anyone has any, I'd be interested to hear. I have very little from this batch. Under 20 or so. I'm not focusing on this at the moment, but I'll have to get them eventually.

12 from the 400's;

38 from the 500's;

19 from the 600's;

6 from the 800's;
    800-805

Then I pretty much have everything up until 1252. Where I need most issues up to about a year ago. (1419)

Any information or offers are appreciated. I'm still amazed that I'm actually getting responses to this! Thought I was going to have to spend the rest of my days searching through
    old car boot sales.

Master of the Universe

Silverfish wrote:
    Along the same vein, I'm searching for Young Death - Boyhood of a Super-Fiend, if anyone has a copy or has seen one ( aside from dodgy comic sites and ebay)

Searched high and low in my house but couldn't find my copy anywhere. It seems to have vanished. Shame. I loved that story.

Advertisement