Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - Today FM Monday 29th

Options
  • 27-01-2007 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I have not seen anything mentioned so far on this subject so thought I should post as there may be some interest.

On the Ray D'Arcy radio show last Thursday on Today FM one of the members of his programme team had a bit of a rant regarding his dealings with Eircom. I believe it was related to broadband and also his dealings with their support when he needed to call on them for help. Cue thousands of text messages symapthising with his woes providing tales of similar experiences.

Shortly afterwards they received a call from the Head of Communications at Eircom who apparently said he would raise the subject at a board meeting that day.

Anyway, Today FM challenged Eircom to send a representative to the show. Apparently they agreed and the time was set for 09:40 on Monday. Might be interesting given the demographic of his show - perhaps more broadband aware?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Doubt it, the problem is people don't know what about their service is crap so all complaints are its crap fix it and eircom can say whatever they like after that as long as there is an acronym or two in there, nobody argues.

Some people from here will have to ring in who know what they are talking about IMO. either from IO or the broadband forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭choicer

I thoght that the show was very good and as they used examples from users of how crap things are with Eircom it should raise awareness. Personally I thought that Ray dealt much better with Eircom being rubbish compared to the interviews Matt Cooper had. At least Ray pushed the Eircom dude more than Matt has ever done (IMHO) and got a committment from them, i.e. answering each customer query individually that was sent into the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Have to say it was much better than I thought it would be.

Was in the Irish Independant today (highlights I suppose from it).

Advertisement