Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sent new girlfriend a really weird text!

• 27-01-2007 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

so i've been seeing this girl for a few weeks and everything is going really well. last night i was really drunk and i sent her two really crazy texts which make absolutely no sense to me today! basically i sent some crazy talk about me being a bastard! i have no idea why i sent those texts, particularly since i'm not a bastard!

she sent me a text today saying my texts have freaked her out.

i've explained that i was really drunk and that i have no idea why i sent those texts, that i'm not a bastard and that she should dismiss them as drunken nonsense...

she has said ok but i still feel like i'm after doing something with more permanent unrecoverable consequences!

Am i being paranoid?

I won't be seeing her again until tomorrow night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

Don`t worry about it. If she makes an issue of is she is just making excuses. If you`re out drinking again, give the phone to a friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't make a habit out of it. You admitted you were wrong so hope that will be the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

dont give the phone to a friend, my friends would just text something even worse to her =P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

so i've been seeing this girl for a few weeks and everything is going really well. last night i was really drunk and i sent her two really crazy texts which make absolutely no sense to me today! basically i sent some crazy talk about me being a bastard! i have no idea why i sent those texts, particularly since i'm not a bastard!

i've explained that i was really drunk and that i have no idea why i sent those texts, that i'm not a bastard and that she should dismiss them as drunken nonsense...

she has said ok but i still feel like i'm after doing something with more permanent unrecoverable consequences!

Am i being paranoid?

Maybe cut back on the booze ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Both previous posts seconded.... drink less, leave phone at home.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Uhm
    Call her?

You're letting a drunken misunderstanding fester and all you are doing about it is texting?
    Is the green button on your phone broken?

Go out and do something normal with her ie meet up and make a laugh about the texts as if they are meaningless drunk drivel.
    Thats what they were weren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

phone at home is all i can say!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Am i being paranoid?

The issue here is not the text you sent but the fact that you don't remember if/why/when you sent them.

Get a closer look to the picture here... There may be other things you don't remember, not only those texts... You say u r not a bastard... or maybe u r when u r dead drunk? You wouldn't remember anyways... :eek:

So my advice is, don't jump over the hedge. Drink as much as you want but make sure that all the time it's YOU who enjoys the drink and not your auto-pilot. ;)

And her freaking out... I don't think few texts are such a big deal... Imagine this scenario: u were drunk, some mate of yours wanted to have fun; he took ur phone and sent those texts without u seeing it... Or maybe u saw it but u were just to out of there to even process what u saw.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

ive had this happen before, quite simply blame it all on your friends deny it to the ground :D:D . And when you see her today, tell her that it was your friends that text her, and the only reason you said it was you was because, you didnt want her to get a bad impression of your friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Am i being paranoid?

Do not feel paranoid about your situation, it may be bad, but it could also be good. You can tell a lot about your girlfriend in how she reacts to it and from your apology (hoping it was sincere). If she still gets paranoid, then it is time to call it a day.. you will understand if you don’t. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

No big deal-just dont do it again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'So ya sent a drunken text? Who ****in hasn't! If she's still "freaked out" the next day instead of laughing it off, and is willing to tell you she's freaked out, she needs to loosen up a bit. Ya don't wanna be walking on eggshells every time your drunk.'

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kaalgat

My ex-boyfriend did that too sometimes. First time was shortly after we started seeing each other. I was a bit puzzled the first time, but when he explained that he was a bit up the tree at the time, it was grand.
    It's not worth making a fuss about.

But I agree with everybody else that maybe you should leave the phone at home/with a friend if you know you're going out/getting hammered

Advertisement