Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food packaging in the Forum Bar

Options
  • 27-01-2007 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

I'm not a total greenie but I really think the manner in which the food in the Forum is served is a disgrace. It seems that people are finally starting to take note and do some things differently for the sake of the evironment (please no discussion on people driving to the bottle bank in SUVs etc.) and UCD is setting a terrible example for its students.

I was in there yesterday for the first time in ages and I couldn't believe that they were serving everyone's food in polystyrene (or some such) containers. Now obviously this isn't so bad if people are taking the food away but I did notice that the vast majority of people were eating in. Is this going on purely to cut costs (i.e. no need to scrape/wash plates)?

Anyone else agree that the polysyrene containers should only be given to those getting take away?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Probably cheaper to just throw them away rather than pay someone to wash all the plates. Food on campus (anywhere) in UCD is of a really bad standard compared to Trinity or DIT. Student Bar isn't too bad because it's cheap but the restaurant is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

funktastic wrote:
    Food on campus (anywhere) in UCD is of a really bad standard compared to Trinity

I respectfully disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Well they're all ****e then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Elements is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Ah lads, I too used to complain about our food. I mean what with 2 restaurants, 2 O'Briens, 3 Insomnias, Elements, The Grind, whatever that fast food place is and 911, i thought "Boo down to UCD food". Then I went to UCC. Nuff said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

I agree, in the arts cafe everything is polystyrene, they used to have mugs, and I asked for them but just received a puzzled look and a shake of the head. I would like to see proper cutlery and cups, they charge enough for their rubbish, the only alternative I can suggest is bringing your own cup and cutlery, it will cut down on some of the waste.

Advertisement