Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the purpose of a laptop sleeve

• 27-01-2007 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

This may sound like a stupid question, but why would a person spend 30 euro on a laptop sleeve. Let's be honest here, it offers no protection, has no carry strap, no pockets and doesn't particularly look good.

Why do people buy them

If you have one, what do you use it for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

dont have one -
    think its used as a cushion inside a case as added protection also protection from scratches

i dont have or want one , i think they would offer about as much protection as a bucket of water,
    waste of money get a good case instead...... i have the belkin messenger case and its great - has a padded sleve inside it - no need to fork out another 30 euro for it and it only cost 30 euro.... well what do you know .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

to use if you don't have a proper case and want to carry your laptop around in another bag so it has some sort of protection from other things in the bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

I have a crumpler 'the gimp' sleeve, and I have to say it's a great job! It's made out of neoprene (its like a wetsuit) and it means I can just throw the laptop into my schoolbag whenever I'm heading into college or home on the bus. The bag protects the laptop and the case stops it getting scraped from other stuff in the bag. I'd never even consider one of those 'look at me I've got a laptop, please rob me!' suitcase/bag things!! They're ridiculously awkward and as I mentioned above blatantly advertising the fact that you're carrying around an object worth anything up to 2000yoyo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Stops it getting scratched I'd assume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

BostonB wrote:
    Stops it getting scratched I'd assume?
    Presumably. Also it probably gives some reasonable protection against the rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

sceptre wrote:
    Presumably. Also it probably gives some reasonable protection against the rain.

for all those people who like to play with their laptop in the rain...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Recon wrote:
    for all those people who like to play with their laptop in the rain...

So you only carry your laptop on sunny days or something? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭tonyboy247

I just used my laptop in the bath....the wetsuit works a treat;)

Advertisement