Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Crap Again

Options
  • 27-01-2007 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

My NTL connection here in Waterford is more or less at a stand still since early this afternoon :mad: Anyone else experiencing the same trouble???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mickger wrote:
    My NTL connection here in Waterford is more or less at a stand still since early this afternoon :mad: Anyone else experiencing the same trouble???

I'm on a 2 Meg - getting 1.95 Megs now (8.20). Rang my mate on 6 Megs - he's getting 5.2. Must be local or something in your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Same in Galway, its been really bad for me for the last 2 days, gettin a ping of around 100 on a 6mg line :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Onyx_1

Yep, same story here in Waterford too. Noticed it late Thursday evening.

Browsing is impossible and keeps cutting out. This service has really gone to pot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Mine is fixed this morning, back up to full speed again but for how long :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

Gone again for me in Lucan. Was a bit spotty yesterday and then died at around 2:30am this morning. Rang ntl and they said that they might have someone out on February 7th, at which point I laughed. The annoying thing is that it's probably something stupid at their NOC that's causing the problem. Going to go and buy Ripwave or Clearwire as a backup as I really need something. Currently posting from a 3G card, but I need this during the day and can't leave it at home with my wife who also depends on the internet for business.

Ntl have gone to hell since the UPC takeover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Mine in Dublin 13 is hit and miss too..

Have decided to bin them, am sick of the crap service!

No idea who to go with tho :(

Hmmm, after another pointless call to ntl I decided to go and get my parents ntl cable modem just for sheer pig iron....and guess what.....yup, it's working fine now with that. It looks someone has disabled access to the MAC address of my cable modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

hmmm thatas odd. Im getting really slow speeds aswell at the moment, althoughj I think this is due to my wireless network which I have just installed. MY router is a d-link dgl 4300 . for the wan setting and ntl do I put it in static ,dhcp,PPPoE,PPTP, or L2TP

any suggestions much appreciated.

DHCP will do the trick.....assuming their network is actually working!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Gone again for me in Lucan. Was a bit spotty yesterday and then died at around 2:30am this morning. Rang ntl and they said that they might have someone out on February 7th, at which point I laughed. The annoying thing is that it's probably something stupid at their NOC that's causing the problem. Going to go and buy Ripwave or Clearwire as a backup as I really need something. Currently posting from a 3G card, but I need this during the day and can't leave it at home with my wife who also depends on the internet for business.

Ntl have gone to hell since the UPC takeover.

Strange as I have no problem in lucan. There's a lot alternatives available, Magnet, IBB breeze and clearwire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I'm in Clonsilla and I have been having problems with not being able to get on to certain sites - ticketmaster.ie is the latest. I can't get itunes to connect to the itunes store either. Is anyone else having these problems? Has anyone here got an email address for support at ntl so I can add my complaint?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Appeared to be ok for me here in Waterford over the past few days,

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

my NTL BB is gone all day dont know what the problem is. and i really dont wanna take a day off work to call NTL. (girlfriend spent 3 hours waiting a few days ago). Im lving in the cabra/ phibsboro area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

my NTL BB is gone all day dont know what the problem is. and i really dont wanna take a day off work to call NTL. (girlfriend spent 3 hours waiting a few days ago). Im lving in the cabra/ phibsboro area
    Yesterday 09:15

There customer service is a total joke, theres no point emailing them either (in my experience)....ive never had a response from them (8+ emails).....

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Col_Loki wrote:
    There customer service is a total joke, theres no point emailing them either (in my experience)....ive never had a response from them (8+ emails).....

Same here - the only way to get a response is a registered letter. Let them do the chasing for a change.
    I refuse to be dragged down into their slurry pit of telephone abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

OK Im getting slow speeds at the moment, I think it may be contention,although Im getting a really bad speed to boards.ie

Advertisement