Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I complain?

Options
  • 27-01-2007 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know how you file an official complaint about food in UCD? I was in the restaurant on Friday, and the glasses were smeared, there was residue on my cutlery, and I had to go through nearly 10 (no exageration) soupbowls, before I found one that was not filthy. There must be some kind of action that can be taken.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

contact the food safety authority of ireland and they'll investigate pretty quickly and thoroughly if you can make it sound bad enough. they'll then decide on what action to take depending on the severity of the problems. eat me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 gliondar

I visited friends in Durham university in England and I was blown away by how amazingly well run the Durham Students' Union was. UCDSU is in the dark ages.

The whole point of the SU is to campaign for issues like the one you just mentioned that affects students. If I was an optimist I'd say get in touch with them too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Dont they have a complaints box downstairs?I remember going passed it once and it had cobwebs on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

i suppose thats what the su should be doing, something that affects students on a daily basis...but it might be pointless trying!
    call the health board or something maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Is it wrong that as soon as I saw the thread title I thought, "Hmm, well, people USUALLY complain on the UCD board at boards.ie..."?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

While pissed on Saturday night, I decided to make such a complaint about the state of UCD restaurant. Luckily I managed to make a coherent complaint by e-mail. I received this reply....
    Thank you for your email to the Food Safety Authority of Ireland.

All food complaints are forwarded to the Environmental Health Officer
    (EHO) of the local Health Service Executive. Should you wish to contact
    the EHO directly, their telephone number is 271 5000.

Alternatively you can make a complaint about this on line on our
    website, by completing a complaint form which will be sent to the
    Environmental Health Officer.

Below you will find a link to this form.

http://www.fsai.ie/make_complaint_form.asp

I hope this is of assistance to you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other queries.

Kind regards,

Go forth and complain!!

Advertisement