Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would any of you stand!!!!

Options
  • 27-01-2007 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

My mother says she is going to start earning extra cash charging 10 euros a go turning up hems on guy's and gal's trousers while they wait!!!!:eek: some where in the middle of Dublin!!
    How can we make her see sense and stop her making a laughing stock of herself and us.:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Like on a street corner or something?

Why would she make a laughing stock out of herself, let alone you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Obviously she wears a big T-Shirt with a picture of her family and their names so total strangers will recognise them as part of her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

She'll have the last laugh when she is wiping her ass with crisp fresh tenners!!

Saruman wrote:
    Obviously she wears a big T-Shirt with a picture of her family and their names so total strangers will recognise them as part of her family.
    That's her real family? Pfft no way. Noone would claim that ugly bunch as their own in public!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

Saruman wrote:

Rofl :D

OP Whats the problem - if your ma was going to start breaking into cars, selling drugs or exploiting migrants on the black economy, then you'd have reason for shame.

I reckon it takes anywhere between 2 - 5 minutes to do hems on a pair of pants, so 5 into 60 mins = 12, @ €10 a pop = €120 per hour x 8 = clearing nearly a K per day...Sounds as if your ma has a good idea.

Not much sympathy here; but then you are probably also embarrassed by a Lidl bag.

Btw if its such an embarrassment, why stick it in the area specific Dublin forum - thus increasing the likelyhood that she -and hence you- will be recognised... *2 boardsies on O'Connell Bridge in the future, pointing to a woman working*; "Ah yes, there's Billiejo's mother - dreadful shame", "pity her indeed, having such a stuck-up daughter"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

omg. Go get your shinebox u fckin knackstain.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Kudos to her, especially if she makes that much money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Billiejo

wyndham wrote:
    omg. Go get your shinebox u fckin knackstain.

Decipher please?

Stuck up!!:rolleyes:

Point missed!

She's 73 years old!!! & complaining about her pension.

PS Will she get any takers to leave us lots of lolly?;)

Billiejo wrote:
    She's 73 years old!!! & complaining about her pension.

Well you didnt say thay and so I had pictured you as being about 14 with your mother about 40.... probably makes a wee difference alright... Are you sure shes not just winding you up with such a threat so that you and your siblings will just give her cash?

Ah, Emotional blackmail on the kids - compound interest by means of a Catholic guilt-trip ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

Fair play to her, people handy with the needle and thread are hard to come by nowdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I don't see any problem with it either. It could be the beginning of a whole new family business. A year from now you'll be employing people all over Ireland. 5 years from now, it will be all over Europe. 10 years from now the world, and after that they'll need people to do clothing repairs on the Moon and Mars.:)

Billiejo wrote:
    PS Will she get any takers to leave us lots of lolly?;)

No, if you keep bitching she's going to leave it to us instead!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

She might find there are already a number of businesses in town offering what she is intending to.

I always loved the sign on Abbey Street outside an alterations business that stresses that their alteration service is nothing to do with another on the same street. Mental images of past scissor and needle battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Don't most shops that sell suits offer to do the adjustments for you for a fee of €10?

I can't see this working.

Ma has an answer for everything.:rolleyes:
    She says she will do it on the spot :p therefore won't cost a return journey to collect.:rolleyes:

What if there's two people waiting when I get there? Surely that'd mean I have to wait or come back?

And what do people do? we ask, if they haven't got a spare pair to hand?:o

She'll have a spare handy if they need.:rolleyes:

And if there is more than one waiting? we ask. Surely they can read the paper for 5 minutes!

But what if there's a queue?
    So YOU DO think it's a good idea? Well in that case I'll employ help.:mad:

Billiejo wrote:
    So YOU DO think it's a good idea? Well in that case I'll employ help.:mad:

*hands in empty pockets, shuffles, glancing about*

So whats the going rate then?

Advertisement