Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercooling advice

Options
  • 27-01-2007 9:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm sick of my pc sounding like a jet engine all the time, so I'm going to get a watercooling kit with my next upgrade.

The kit is https://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=315127

Now, my questions are:

1. Is this compatible with 8800's?

2. How many fans will I be able to knock off? I currently have 6 in my case, which includes 1 on the front, 1 on the side, 1 on the back, 1 on the cpu, 1 on the gpu, and one in the psu. I know that the cpu and gpu fans wont be there once I've got the watercooling going, but what about the rest of them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

CatInABox wrote:
    I'm sick of my pc sounding like a jet engine all the time, so I'm going to get a watercooling kit with my next upgrade.

The kit is https://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=315127

Now, my questions are:

1. Is this compatible with 8800's?

2. How many fans will I be able to knock off? I currently have 6 in my case, which includes 1 on the front, 1 on the side, 1 on the back, 1 on the cpu, 1 on the gpu, and one in the psu. I know that the cpu and gpu fans wont be there once I've got the watercooling going, but what about the rest of them?

Thanks

€255.00 for that piece of ****? Sweet lord what are komplett thinking. What you might want to try do is to get some quiet fans to replace the ones you have and pick up a large passive heatsink. Should come in around about 80 or so. A fan controller would help.

I have me reasons for saying that kit is bad(I have had the better triple rad kit before).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yes it is compatible, if you buy the right block for the 8800. But as said above, it is utter crap. For half the price you can buy a far better kit.

www.watercooling.de if you are serious about it.

Advertisement