Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No credit rating? Will I get a loan?

Options
  • 27-01-2007 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭

I am going to apply for a loan hopefully soon. I have never got one before, so I am thinking, will I be likely to get one seeing as my credit rating with the ICB will show no loans taken out?

I assume since I have no loans previously that I will have a zero rating? Does the ICB show any other details like employment/earnings?

I am hoping to get €10,000 and I am in full time employment, male 21 years old. Am I likely to get that amount considering my credit report?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Do you have a credit card? They are reported to the credit bureaus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Yes I do, I have bought many expensive things with it since I got it two years ago but ALWAYS paid off the balance in full each month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Well thats something that should be looked highly upon and give you some sort of credit score, 2 years of history with that. Not sure if household bills are reported (I am thinking not). Can't think of much else apart from a mortgage. Grab a copy of your credit report at icb.ie, it costs 6 euro I think. Just to make sure there are no errors in it, always good to know who has been making enquiries and that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You then have a credit history. Loans aren't the only thing which go on it :)

Advertisement