Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardest LC Subject?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well my teacher has these sheets he took off the teacher i thought i would be getting! who taught physics for like 20 years! but ity seems like the timetables werent fitting.. So we were left with an imcompetant retard whom if you ask a question takes it as an offence and trails off without answering it..
    He also stares at you quite alot. He has absolutely no clue what he is going on about.

He is potentially the worst physics teacher on the face of this earth.

Sad thing is were a good bunch and were all getting grinds and the like so the results will probably actually be pretty gud... and he'll probably be chuffed.. now that would just make me angry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Thing is the teacher one student thinks is a good maths/physics teacher is crap in the eyes of another.

In any subject I've personally never relied on a teacher. At the end of the day you have to sit down and learn it all anyway. Teachers for me are there to answer any questions I may have and to correct stuff/give exams.

I'd agree in the case of every subject, except maths.

I disagree with your initial statement. True sometimes, but there are some outright TERRIBLE maths and physics teachers. It's meant to be very easy to get a career teaching the two, because demand is so high as nobody wants to do it any more. For example, the teacher at our school got a B2 in physics and a B3 in maths, in her leaving cert, did an arts degree at UCC and now she's our guidance for the Leaving Cert.

And believe me, she ain't good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Whoever voted for music must be having a laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Tomlowe

applied maths is destructive to mind, body and soul. Physics needs work, but isn't the roughest. By virtue of their unpredictability, English and Music can be right bastards, and i hear horrible things about chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

biology is the bane of my existence... oh my god. its probably just because i really dont care how plants photosynthesise or reproduce or do anythin really. its such a bloody long course too which wrecks my head but im a genius and managed to pick history chemistry and biology! wahey! failure all round! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

md99 wrote:
    Not so simple when you've a diobolical teacher.

And there are plenty of diobolical maths and physics teachers in this country, unfortunately.

I agree, my physics teacher is terrible. Tbh, I like him ,he is a really nice man, but unfortunatly he just cannot explains things well. Im getting a grind in physics and i wish she was my teacher, she explains things so well and its very easy to take in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Deffo, a toss-up between Phys-Chem (JOINT) or Home ec. Phys-Chem can be very complex if you prefer one of the two, where as the Home Ec hons course is crazily huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Probably physics from that poll but German is my weakest vocational subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Deffo, a toss-up between Phys-Chem (JOINT) or Home ec. Phys-Chem can be very complex if you prefer one of the two, where as the Home Ec hons course is crazily huge!

Like, HOW is it so big?? I'm finding it IMPOSSIBLE to cover it for the mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'm frankly shocked at the references to Chemistry here. I find it a really enjoyable subject. The idea of mandatory experiments is almost like "mandatory fun" to me. Like the way you can see the silver forming on the inside of a test tube in the Silver Mirror test in organic chemistry. Or the lycopodium bomb (not mandatory I know but still :D:D)

I think a lot of it's got to do with the way it's taught. Our teacher did the experiments thoroughly and then based the theory around them. We would spend half an hour going through the theory before the experiment and one part of the class would almost reinforce what I learned in the other, if you get my drift.

Economics is tricky for me because of the sheer amount of technical language for common sense and the way that answers need a very specific format and layout to them, or so my teacher implies:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I think a lot of it's got to do with the way it's taught. Our teacher did the experiments thoroughly
    You mean your teacher did the experiments for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Physics? English? Maths? Obviously nobody here does Classical studies. You people have nothing to complain about. And wheres Latin in that poll? Youve left out two of the hardest subjects right away, dont even get me started on ancient Greek.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Don't know if its just me, but I'm still very surprised to see Physics at the top of that list. Imo Applied Mathematics is the hardest to get your head around for the LC but it depends alot on which of the questions you're doing - theres such a difference between them.

Advertisement