Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Eircom Netopia to network home PC & laptop.

Options
  • 27-01-2007 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

Netopia Model 2247NWG-VGx.

Want to have my 2 XP PCs share files, using the eircom router. Laptop is wireless.

Can someone get me started?

I'm suffering jargon lock-up and can't see my Ipsec's from my VLANs and keep tripping over my Static IP's and getting bogged down in DHCP leases, so any help in getting out of this jargon forest would be great.
    thanks

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

That's some serious jargon problem you're having.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

If you pretty much ignore every piece of Jargon you listed then you will be fine... none if it is important. By default the netopia acts as a DHCP server so set all your pc's to be dhcp and you will be fine. ipsec and vlans are nothing to do with what you want so ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Well both the PC and laptop have been connecting to the Internet without any problem, but I don't see/know how to share files between them.

:DEdit: Seems:p to:rolleyes: be:o working:eek: now:confused: .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

dohouch wrote:
    Well both the PC and laptop have been connecting to the Internet without any problem, but I don't see/know how to share files between them.

Read this and this

Thanks ntlbell, When I'm older and the embarassment has faded I will share what I was doing a-se ways. Now it seems just too easy. I have such a deep suspicion of PC's that I act as if everything is going to be a ball breaker, and sometimes I go and fill the head with jargon before I press the "ON" button

• Advertisement

Actually the reason I was trying this is because I was thinking of buying a NAS, WD Essential NetCenter WDXE1600JB - NAS - HD 160 GB x 1 - Ethernet 10/100 and was wondering if it would work. So I think now can go ahead

Advertisement