Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fedora Core 6 ISO DVD image creation (WinXP)

• 28-01-2007 1:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

finally gotten off my @rse to install Fedora x64 on my machine, and downloaded the latest (Core 6) DVD ISO image. Checksums all looked good, etc.

And then my problems started .... Nero 6 (6.6.1.4) will not allow me create a DVD ISO image and proceeds to whine about the file being too big (> 2gb), despite using NTFS for my WinXP (Pro sp2) installation which shouldn't have the file-size restrictions/limitations of FAT-32. After getting sick of hearing Nero whinge after repeated side-stepping attempts, I downloaded ISO Recorder (v.2 rc1), which unfortunately doesn't like DVD media.

So after all that, I'm left wondering if anyone knows of any decent windows based DVD burning software that will create ISO images. I don't care if it's command-line based, or context-menu based, or whatever once it creates an ISO image.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

try this,

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

never used it but it's meant to be a good alternative to nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

I'm actually running FC6 as well :D . I can't remember fully but I think the software I used was DeepBurner. Google it and you should find it. I think it burnt DVD ISO's fine.

Good luck with FC6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Cheers lads, will take a look at those tools. On a slightly-related note, has anyone tried Core6 for x64 and if so, how does it fare next to i386 for driver support, etc?

edit: DeepBurner looks to be doing the trick. The cdburnerxp.se link was bjorked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

that's odd, i got the link from the comp/tech sticky pages and it was broke.

i googled the program and got the link there and it worked :mad: sorry bout that. glad you got it in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

Lemming wrote:
    Cheers lads, will take a look at those tools. On a slightly-related note, has anyone tried Core6 for x64 and if so, how does it fare next to i386 for driver support, etc?

edit: DeepBurner looks to be doing the trick. The cdburnerxp.se link was bjorked

I have the x64 version running on a desktop at home but I rarely use it because I have FC6 on my 32 bit laptop and I'm away at college. I set it up during Christmas and it seems to work fine although there isn't very much extra stuff I added to it. Just enough for the brothers to play games and mess about on the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Nero crashed for me while trying to make a Fedora live CD from an ISO file so I went looking for an alternative, and this excellent little image burning app (which I found via the also excellent lifehacker.com) is well worth a mention:

www.imgburn.com

It's free - Windows only - but it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

i use ashampoo burning studio 6, and have had no problems at all.
    will never go back to that bloated whale called Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Well if your Nero is whining about > 2GB this is certainly because your DVD-WRITER firmware is too old.
    Update it first and try again.

Advertisement